Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help...ttc

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My DH just keeps saying what happens happens and I want to be pregnant with LO#2 but my periods keep become more and more irregular. My DD will a year next weekend and my period has been off since I was 19.  I was on the BC Pill from the time I was 16 until I was 19.  I had 4 miscarries before getting preggo with DD. Right after I had her I was back on the BC Pill 6 weeks later, I was on the Pill for about two months, but I think it messed up me body.  I had another miscarriagsesince DD was born.  I'm not sure how to even to get my period back to "normal."  It was a normal 28 day cycle from the time I was 10.  Now I'm 22 and it goes from being 29 days apart to being 45 apart.  Anyone have any ideas, my OBGYN said lets try BC Pills for a few months to get my periods back to normal but I don't wanna do that.  Then he said that I should just lose all my extra wait then come back to him and then well talk.  I am heavy, I am about 75 lbs over weight.  I'm 207 lbs at 5 feet tall.  I should be at heaviest 130-135lbs because I am big boned.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Unoriginal.
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Your doctor gave you good advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Your weight plays a huge factor here. Lose some.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Lose that weight! Losing just 10% of your body weight can reset your hormones giving you predictable cycles and reset your fertility.
At that weight I would bet that you have pcos. The best thing is to lose the weight especially so you can go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH just keeps saying what happens happens and I want to be pregnant with LO#2 but my periods keep become more and more irregular. My DD will a year next weekend and my period has been off since I was 19.  I was on the BC Pill from the time I was 16 until I was 19.  I had 4 miscarries before getting preggo with DD. Right after I had her I was back on the BC Pill 6 weeks later, I was on the Pill for about two months, but I think it messed up me body.  I had another miscarriagsesince DD was born.  I'm not sure how to even to get my period back to "normal."  It was a normal 28 day cycle from the time I was 10.  Now I'm 22 and it goes from being 29 days apart to being 45 apart.  Anyone have any ideas, my OBGYN said lets try BC Pills for a few months to get my periods back to normal but I don't wanna do that.  Then he said that I should just lose all my extra wait then come back to him and then well talk.  I am heavy, I am about 75 lbs over weight.  I'm 207 lbs at 5 feet tall.  I should be at heaviest 130-135lbs because I am big boned.  

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Good luck.
Have you tried the Ttc group? They're full of help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I'm not a medical professional- but has your Dr looked into PCOS? Either way, weight loss will help. I know that's not the answer you may want to hear, but it works. I finally was able to conceive my third after losing weight. Even a modest loss can help your fertility.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I know I have to loss the weight and I have been trying like hell to do so.  I have lost about 5 lbs so far, but then I gain a lb or 2 back then reloss it.  I have been like this all my life,  it's hard but I am trying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN