Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im 31 weeks pregnant and need to stop... (UPDATE)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies

Ive been stressed, dealing with back pain and pubic symphysis and extreme arguments with my kids father and on top of this i have a 6 year old a 4 year old to take care of. I work full time and school and the only relief i can find out of all this is smoking weed. I really wish I had some support to quit... Please dont bash.... i need a friend or some inspiration

I'm happy to say that I've been weed free since this post (2/23) and plan to continue to be, Thank you to the ladies who were very supportive and to my unborn for inspiring me to quit, cold turkey.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Take a relaxing bath and have A glass of wine. Go get a pre natal massage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I don't support what you're doing. and I'm sure you'll get a lot of "I did it, my kids are fine" 

But I'm not tell you you're trash for doing it. I hope your stress lightens up. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:52 AM
I agree...warm bath, massage, and tell your hubs to chill out..maybe marriage counselling to see if you guys can quit fighting?
saraface5383
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM
4 moms liked this
Just know if you dont stop they will take your baby, im almost positive in (my sate anyway..ca) they do drug tests on your blood after giving birth. I know because my "roomie" in the recovery room was going through this. They sent cps to her house, i dont know what happened after that but is it worth it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Im afraid that even if i do stop at this poin i will still test posiitve....

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:57 AM
You need to quit now. For a normal person who is not prego it stays in your system for a month

Quoting Anonymous:

20Keller12
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
If you stop right now, and don't deliver early you might make it. But you have to stop NOW. Otherwise yeah you will. It can stick around in your system for a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:57 AM
They didn't take my baby away. I smoked the entire pregnancy and even refused the mandatory ua's my ob's office did at every visit. They sent CPS, and CPS did a home check, asked our roommates about us, and then just told us not to do it around the child.

Quoting saraface5383:

Just know if you dont stop they will take your baby, im almost positive in (my sate anyway..ca) they do drug tests on your blood after giving birth. I know because my "roomie" in the recovery room was going through this. They sent cps to her house, i dont know what happened after that but is it worth it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Talk to your doctor about anxiety. They can help in a way that wont make you feel guilty. I completely get what you are going through. I separated from my dh when I was a little over 1 month pregnant, my dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor and underwent surgery, my bil tried to commit suicide, then Dh moved his new girlfriend I.to his house, I worked full time and had a three year old... If I was a pot smoker I would have been smoking a lot, instead I used prozac, it helped a lot. Good luck. Just know that much research has shown that marijuana has little to no effect on a fetus. that, I am sure doesn't change how you feel about it, but it may give you a little comfort. *hugs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:59 AM
CPS took my cousins baby in the hospital at birth because the baby tested positive.

Quoting saraface5383:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)