Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im 31 weeks pregnant and need to stop... (UPDATE)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ive been stressed, dealing with back pain and pubic symphysis and extreme arguments with my kids father and on top of this i have a 6 year old a 4 year old to take care of. I work full time and school and the only relief i can find out of all this is smoking weed. I really wish I had some support to quit... Please dont bash.... i need a friend or some inspiration

I'm happy to say that I've been weed free since this post (2/23) and plan to continue to be, Thank you to the ladies who were very supportive and to my unborn for inspiring me to quit, cold turkey.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Replies (101-110):
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Scare tactics with cps is just ridiculous. Why scare her like that?
saraface5383
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Im sure it is different in every state. That poor baby :( its so crazy how they can be addicted too.

Quoting Anonymous:

It all depends on where you live. Many places will do a blood screening. 

If it is done and shown positive for weed CPS WILL get involved. 

At 31 weeks you should stop smoking now so it can get out of your system. Not to mention it has been said that weed stays in the system longer of a pregnant woman and the baby . ( I have no proof but was told this in the Children's Hospital when my sons *roomy* was born addicted to crack)

Quoting saraface5383:

Just know if you dont stop they will take your baby, im almost positive in (my sate anyway..ca) they do drug tests on your blood after giving birth. I know because my "roomie" in the recovery room was going through this. They sent cps to her house, i dont know what happened after that but is it worth it?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

It's not very healthy what you're doing...but you probably already know that.  Try a prenatal massage, they can be incredibly relaxing, or a pedicure?  Is there any way you can get some "me" time during the week?

AkashaGermaine
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Huh. Maybe they test baby during the heel prick test. I personally have never done anything so it wouldn't matter. I was just curious snd like to stay informed. Not having any more kids either.

Quoting saraface5383:

All i know is while thy were talking to her they had her stop bfing cause it transfers. The baby came up positive. Maybe they only test people they suspect, i really dont know.

Quoting saraface5383:

They dont do a blood test, they test the blood after birth im assuming. I didnt know they even did it until i was roomed with the crazy bitch. I asked the nurse an she said they test everyone. I never knew. Im in orange county.

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

I never had a blood test after having either one of my kids in California. Could it just be your area?

ETA: I'm in the Emerald Triangle, and I've never heard of blood testing for pot up here.

Quoting saraface5383:

Just know if you dont stop they will take your baby, im almost positive in (my sate anyway..ca) they do drug tests on your blood after giving birth. I know because my "roomie" in the recovery room was going through this. They sent cps to her house, i dont know what happened after that but is it worth it?

azmommy21
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I smoke weed I'm 31 weeks pergnante but I have cerebral palsy but the pain is really bad to the point I can't move . I live in az I don't want my kid to be taken away but I can't deal with the pain but other then that I'm a good mom my house is safe she has everything she needs and I plan on getting my card right after she born in case I have to go to court and yes I try to get my dr to give me something for pain he wouldn't
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I agree with take a warm bath and take a few minutes to breathe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Sounds like that Dr shouldn't have a license. And there you go, you had your blood drawn, which they CAN do drug tests by. Your lucky you didn't have your child taken away, in my state you wouldn't have even left the hospital with the baby with testing positive. There are no excuses for drugs, alcohol, etc while pregnant. I don't care how hard you want to justify it

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said, unless ultrasounds now tell you when a woman is doing "drugs", I can assure you there were no drug tests done on me. The only thing the doctor did was check my baby with ultrasounds. There were no blood draws until the day before I went in to be induced.

Of course my OB knew I was smoking, darling. He was the one who recommended it way before I told him I did it. He said it was fine as long as it wasn't in excess. Once a day isn't in excess. I'm not stupid, I talked to him about the pros and cons. He felt the pros outweighed the cons. Obviously, I agreed with him. He didn't feel I was being selfish or putting my child in any danger, and his opinion is what matters, not some "Labor and Delivery" worker.

He warned me the hospital would test baby. They did, called CPS, CPS did a home check, told us not to do it around our child, and then left. A week later we received a letter in the mail saying our case was closed and we wouldn't be hearing from them again.

Quoting Anonymous:

I work in L&D darling. Yes, we, as in health care professionals, do have ways of testing without your knowledge. Did you have a home birth? If not, then I guarantee the hospital knew. But wither way, if your to selfish to stop taking drugs while pregnant, that's on you. Very trashy in my opinion, and I feel sorry for your child(ren).

Quoting Anonymous:

Mmmmkay. Sure "you" do. Unless ultrasounds can now tell "you" that a mother is doing drugs, I can assure you there were no drug tests done on me.

As for doing it, well, I had my reasons, there's no point in telling you since I'm sure you'll just say "excuses,excuses, *you're still the scum at the bottom of my shoe" so I won't waste my time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. We have ways to do drug tests even if you refuse the UA. :-) your so ignorant. Why would you subject your child to that. Disgusting!

Quoting Anonymous:

They didn't take my baby away. I smoked the entire pregnancy and even refused the mandatory ua's my ob's office did at every visit. They sent CPS, and CPS did a home check, asked our roommates about us, and then just told us not to do it around the child.

Quoting saraface5383:

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Quit and have s glass of wine instead. At least check the laws in your state so you know if they do a routine blood test.
miss-karla
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Never heard of weed and tobacco mixed?

Quoting redneckmama4:

Quoting miss-karla:

Most people who smoke weed mix it with tobacco. so if u are doin this. u are infact harming ur baby.

To the people who say dope doesnt do shit, are u all using it straight while pregnant?

What are you on? That doesn't even make sense.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Quoting miss-karla:

Nope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)