Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am taking 5000 mg of vitamin D

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
And I'm getting constant periods. I'm taking 2 multi vitamins, 1 5000 mg of vitamin D, 2 fish oil pills and B complex. I was told 3 years ago I have low vitamin D. Is this normal? My periods were normal till I started these vitamins. I have no insurance so I can't go to the doctor.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Why are you taking fish oil and vitamin D?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Because I was told by a doctor I vitamin D deficient. As for the fish oil I do it for Omega 3.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Fish oil has vitamin D in it. You may be taking too much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I was told by a doctor I vitamin D deficient. As for the fish oil I do it for Omega 3.

Quoting Anonymous:

mommynewc
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:40 AM
I just founf out I am deficient and for the past 2 months I have hardly had a period. When was thw last time you had your levels checked? I know this is off topic but have you ever had nervousness or get jittery fron taking D? I am having a hard time getting the amount my doc wants becauseb of issues like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Last time I was checked was in December of 2008. My level was a 23. I started taking vitamins because I am always so tired. I go to school full time and I have 3 kids. I felt I was deficiant in something since I am always tired.

Quoting mommynewc:

I just founf out I am deficient and for the past 2 months I have hardly had a period. When was thw last time you had your levels checked? I know this is off topic but have you ever had nervousness or get jittery fron taking D? I am having a hard time getting the amount my doc wants becauseb of issues like that.

bluedolly01
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:49 AM
You should only be taking 1000mg of Vit D max. Who told you to take 5000? That's WAY to much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:50 AM

I read a article from Dr Tenpenny that you can't OD on vitamin D.

Quoting bluedolly01:

You should only be taking 1000mg of Vit D max. Who told you to take 5000? That's WAY to much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:51 AM

stop self medicating...go to the doc....you are going to kill yourself!

hisgirlalways
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM

WOW! I am no DR but that just sounds like to much...be careful....and maybe research some better ways to get the vitamins you need....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)