Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 kids with 5 different women??? - Would you leave him for that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

4 years ago this May, I lost my DH to stomach cancer. I promised myself I would not date again until DD, whom I did not know I was pregnant with at the time, was old enough to understand why her father had gone. This was until I met, who, for the purposes of this post, I will call Jack.

He is my friend's coworker's friend. I met him a year ago at a Valentine's Day cocktail party that my friend threw. She had been prodding me for months to attend one of her cocktail parties and this time I finally gave in and went. Jack and I hit it off instantly. He was witty, intelligent, good looking, charming and a gentleman. Before I knew it, I was handing him my phone number.

We went on a few dates before we started seeing each other regularly. I felt so much guilt, at first, for feeling like I was attempting to replace my husband. Jack was so patient and understanding, he was amazing.

Later on, I found out that he had fathered 5 KIDS WITH 5 DIFFERENT WOMEN! Yeah, you read that right. Between the time he was 17 to 24 (he is 26 now, I am 28), he fathered these 5 children.

He does not pay the court ordered child support of only $100 a month, per child for the only two children whose Mothers attempted to pursue him in court. We think that his boss, who is also his Dad, is paying him significantly more than he is reporting and we have no way to prove it and even if we could, those poor women are too busy working 2-3 jobs each to support their children. The other three women married other men and were satisfied to have him sign over his rights to the kids. How I found this out is a completely different story for a different day.

I was appalled and disgusted. I remember what it was like to go through a pregnancy alone and to raise my DD alone, but that was because my DH DIED, not because he abandoned me because he wasn't ready to be a father. Yeah, that's what he told these girls, "I'm not ready to be a father".

Where is Jack? I don't know. I left him back in October. I changed my number, I deleted him off my Facebook and he is so far out of my life that I can't even see him in the rear view mirror anymore.

So there's my story. Now here's my question: Would you leave a man for having children that he didn't care for? Feel free to share your own stories.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylasMama11
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:54 AM
3 moms liked this

i definitley would! because what if i got pregnant im sure hed do the same to me and also that says to much about his character!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell to the YES!!!!
singlemama0905
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I woulda said cya the second I found that out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:57 AM
The guy that kept trying to hook up with me the night dh and I first got together, told me dh was a beater, cheater, only did one night stands, and had 4 kids who he didn't even pay for. Then he told me when I was "done" with dh (not even bf at this point obviously) to come in the bedroom, he'd show me what a "real man" could do. Come to find out, everything he told me about dh was true. About HIMSELF! Including having a 5th on the way, but he and the mom convinced the moms bf at the one it was his kid. They now have 5 children together, are not together, don't even see their kids, and her mom is the one raising the first 4. The 5th was put up for adoption, last I heard, because he/she was supposed to be born with "something wrong".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:57 AM
I would NEVER stay with a “man“ like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Leave him. RUN
mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Mhmm! One or two is understandable. But 5? Aww hell no.:l
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Yup. I don't do deadbeat dad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMedina90
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM
This all the way.

Quoting KaylasMama11:

i definitley would! because what if i got pregnant im sure hed do the same to me and also that says to much about his character!!

pregomom468
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM

of coarse men who dont take care of the babies they make piss me off

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN