Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anything she sends i throw away.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies
3 moms liked this
I have nothing to do with my mil. She is not allowed around my kids. My husband however feels obligated to see her every few months. She always sends stuff home with him. I have told her multiple times it goes in the trash so don't bother.
A few years ago before she caused all the drama and she was allowed around us. She would buy stuff for the kids because she wanted too. Well I found out she was telling everyone that she HAS to buy them stuff or they will go without!!!!!!!
She also sent me a birthday card with a check the other day. I ripped it up and threw it away.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I throw everything from my MIL away too but she lives in a nursing home and makes homeade gifts for the kids birthdays and holidays. It's usually a cheap craft I let the kids have it and when they forget about it a few days later I toss it.

*edit* I keep some things she makes for my children like picture frames, painted trinket boxes, sun catchers and cards. The things I throw away are coloring book pages, clippings from magazines, pipe cleaner door hangers, and all the paper napkins and place mats she saved and gave us as a Christmas present. I would rather my kids have good memories of her before her mind started slipping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM
My kids never even see what she buys

Quoting Anonymous:

I throw everything from my MIL away too but she lives in a nursing home and makes homeade gifts for the kids birthdays and holidays. It's usually a cheap craft I let the kids have it and when they forget about it a few days later I toss it.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM
15 moms liked this
Omg I am so blessed that my family is amazing. I couldn't imagine. I'm sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM
11 moms liked this
How sweet of you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:12 AM
30 moms liked this
Let's just hope when you are a mother in law that your children in law treat you better than you do yours. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Lucky!!!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Omg I am so blessed that my family is amazing. I couldn't imagine. I'm sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:13 AM
7 moms liked this
You be a MIL someday be careful karma don't get ya!! Your dh is probably really hurt by this too. You are not perfect either..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM
7 moms liked this
That's not really fair to the kids, but very selfish on your part. Maybe you should swallow your pride as there's 2 sides to every story as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
knkd
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM

My inlaws are bat-shit crazy- They send our kids silver coins- I keep em!  I put them in the safe deposit box and say, thanks for helping fund the kids future.  One time they sent each of my kids a gold coin (at the time about 1500 a piece)  Thankies!   Now that we foster and hope to adopt though- I tell them they sending something for the older 2, they HAVE to send to the younger two.  They don't, so then I cash it in and split it. 

I won't let my kids see them either- they are crazier than crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM

you sound like me lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)