Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teach Your Daughters to Shoot

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM

You don't always have to "get involved" with that type. THEY get involved with YOU.

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually taught them to not get involved with assholes that would need a restraining order. There are usually signs.....but they both can shoot-started when they were 5 as did the boys. Problem is this-cops will take weapons when there is domestic violence-and it doesn't matter who owns them....Happened in New York state and it resulted in the death of the woman AND her Father (whom she had gone to stay with)

AleaKat
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Lol
My daddy taught me how to hunt and shoot a gun. I'm good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

and then theres the concealed weapons some women hide just to stay safe

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually taught them to not get involved with assholes that would need a restraining order. There are usually signs.....but they both can shoot-started when they were 5 as did the boys. Problem is this-cops will take weapons when there is domestic violence-and it doesn't matter who owns them....Happened in New York state and it resulted in the death of the woman AND her Father (whom she had gone to stay with)

It would be registered to you if you purchased it legally in most states.  So how would they NOT know you had it?

Not to mention if you have kids-how concealed is concealed?  Hmmmm? And if it has a trigger lock-how useful is it if you have to get to it-unlock the trigger lock and then load it?

A gunsafe is clearly the way to go (and my guess is it will be made the law eventually.....)  But that wouldn't protect you from a stupid cop.

I am slightly fuzzy on this, but I believe at least here in my state that a gun sale is only recorded if you buy through a dealer. Legal private sales the state doesn't have a record of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I so agree. Im a legal gun carrying momma and when my kids get older I will be teaching them gun safety. My father taught us and had most of his guns in a glass case in his bedroom. We knew to not touch them unless it was an emergency or dad was with us. My grandfather was a police officer, if he thought us kids didnt own guns he would roll over in his grave.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 9year old daughter knows how to shoot. When to shoot. And where to aim.

She also knows guns are not toys to be played with.

Her 7 year old sister is starting to learn gun safety.

My husband and I believe that by removing the mystique surrounding guns, kids are less likely to pick them up and play with them.

They also stay locked in a safe when we are not shooting them.

The only guns that are within reach(but the kids don't know where they are) are my husbands pistol and my revolver.

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Both my daughter and son do marksmanship and safety classes.  Both shoot competitively as well.  Both my husband and I have our concealed licenses.

And yes, I was stalked, and I shoot to kill.

Anyone who DOESN'T shoot to kill is likely to be the one dead. I thankfully have never been stalked, but if someone is breaking into my house I will aim as close to heart as possible. Center mass.

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Exactly :)

Our daughter is almost 7 weeks old and we've been talking for months about when to start our gun training.  The day she's old enough to play with a toy gun or point her fingers and say, "Pow!" (or something of the like) is the day we start gun education.

Quoting suetoo:

And teach our sons. Learning to handle guns safely is the foundation for responsible gun ownership. 

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quoting winkyloafer:

I've nothing nice to say. ABANDON THREAD.

This. 

See ya! 

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

mama2beautiesnb
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM

HELL YES!!!!

lil_mama06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM

All 6 of mine know how...

michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
In high school a boy I turned down for a date started stalking me. I had to get a ppo against him. My dad even called his parents and of course their son was doing nothing wrong. Yeah, the police didn't see the death threats on my car windshield as nothing wrong! You can avoid them, but there are crazies out there!

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually taught them to not get involved with assholes that would need a restraining order. There are usually signs.....but they both can shoot-started when they were 5 as did the boys.
Problem is this-cops will take weapons when there is domestic violence-and it doesn't matter who owns them....Happened in New York state and it resulted in the death of the woman AND her Father (whom she had gone to stay with)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)