Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bathing suit shopping=torture

We're (we being me, my husband, our 3 kids, MIL, FIL, and SIL) going to Disney World next month, the place we are staying has a private pool so I need to buy a bathing suit.

Last summer this was hard because I had lost weight, except for my boobs. So everything that fit up top did not fit on bottom. I've lost even more weight since then, yay, except once again, boobs stayed the same (I'm nursing, idk if that's why), ugh.
A two piece would be an excellent idea IF I didn't have freakin stretch marks. Grrr. Tankinis look funny because if they fit my boobs, they're too wide around the middle. It's not like I'm exceptionally small with gigantic breasts, this is so frustrating.

I can either deal with a too big on bottom or too small on top suit, or suck it up and display those freakin stretch marks.

Or just not swim at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Replies (11-14):
tisaynababae
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM
LandsEnd.com. Buy online and return to a Sears store for free the styles you don't like. They have a friends and family sale going on with free ship to your home. I bought a couple suits last year for the Dells and they worked great. They sell tops and bottoms separate if you want so different sizes are notna problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Go to belks I brought a great tankini piece from there last year you buy the top and bottom separate so you can get the sizes you need. The top I had I could tighten the mid section if need be. Let me find a picture and I'll post it.
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Try the suggestions above, I know that most of those places sell tops & bottoms seperate so that you can fit properly. Good luck & enjoy your trip :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM

i had the same problem for years but now i go to herbergers and get the brand coco rave they go by bra size and they fit so perfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured