Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no such thing as an Illegitimate child

Posted by   + Show Post

There are only illegitimate parents. If you had a child out of wedlock, don't feel shame. What is there to feel shameful of? You have a beautiful child. We need to put the days of slut-shaming behind us. The days of back alley abortions, unlawful adoptions, and marrying because you HAD to should be put to rest. There was no golden era of moral superiority. There was merely an era of secrecy, shame, and chastising. Yes, this post was in response to a very nasty, hate filled post.

Густа ми магла паднала, на тој ми рамно Косово! Ништа се живо не види, до једно дрво високо. Под њег` ми седив терзије, они ми шијев јелече.Колко су дзвезде на небо,Толко су шарке на њега.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Maybe we should stop using the archaic word wedlock...
Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Or women could start being far more responsible and stop bringing babies into the world before its a good idea.
Or women could insist on condoms.
Or women could not procreate with losers or men they havent known long enough to know whther or not they are losers.

Women control thw uterus and need to be more responsible.

Very well said.

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Seriously one of the best posts I've read on here in a long time.

I am so over women tearing apart other women based on sexual choices. It's cruel, sad, and really holding us back in many ways.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

There will always be such a thing as an illegitimate child.  However, what that means in society has changed greatly already. 

You don't see anyone wearing a big red A on their chest, do you?

There may always be a stigma put on it, because it's still not "the norm", but that's no different than other non-traditional families. 

Be a non-conformist.  Live outside the box.  But don't try to say there's no such thing.  It's a choice those children's parents made for them, like it or not.  And largely it's the better decision.  Stigma or not.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Why does a piece of paper make is a better idea to have a child?  I have a child out of wedlock her father and I are still together and take great care of her.  We have no plans for marriage ever,  it's just not necessary!

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Or women could start being far more responsible and stop bringing babies into the world before its a good idea.
Or women could not procreate with losers or men they havent known long enough to know whther or not they are losers.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Are your children a product of martiage or a stable long term relationship???

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Or you could stop being a part of the problem
Or just keep your silly opinions to yourself. 

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Or sometimes BC fails to properly work. Or sometimes ur stuck in a horrible relationship. Anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows u can't "just get out". Result: my second child.
I'm just saying its not always our fault. But when we can b responsible yes we should b. But its not always up to us

Quoting HousewifeNina:

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Quoting HousewifeNina:

In what way do you think making women feel shameful about themselves.. will lead them to make good decisions in the future? If she feels bad about herself already..or even if she doesn't but.. other people are constantly telling her that "maybe she should have kept her legs closed", or that "she slept with the loser, so what does that say about her?", or "maybe don't be such a whore next time".. what kind of self-esteem would that instill in a woman? 

Why would people who then think so poorly of themselves.. think that they deserve to treat themselves well (in the form of making good choices)?

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
For me, the paper matters. I respect that it does not for you. I do NOT respect women creating children with men they arent in stable, long term relationships with.

I also dont think women should jump into marriage. Meeting a guy, marrying him before really knowing him and then having kids is just as bad for the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does a piece of paper make is a better idea to have a child?  I have a child out of wedlock her father and I are still together and take great care of her.  We have no plans for marriage ever,  it's just not necessary!

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
A story my pastor told. A pastor was on vacation with his wife when an old man was going from table to table talking to the patrons. When he got to the pastor's table he learn the what occupation the pastor was. The old man told the pastor he grew up out of wedlock never knowing who his father was. The shame made him feel outcasted and alone. One day after church sermon with the new preacher, the preacher called him over. The preacher said, "Whose boy are you? I recognize your father in you. Why you are a child of god. A spitting image like us all." After that the boy felt like a cloud had been lifted from him."
After the story the old man went to another table. When the pastor asked the waitress who was te old man because he seemed so well liked by the patrons, the waitress told him, the old man use to be governor of that state.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN