Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no such thing as an Illegitimate child

Posted by   + Show Post

There are only illegitimate parents. If you had a child out of wedlock, don't feel shame. What is there to feel shameful of? You have a beautiful child. We need to put the days of slut-shaming behind us. The days of back alley abortions, unlawful adoptions, and marrying because you HAD to should be put to rest. There was no golden era of moral superiority. There was merely an era of secrecy, shame, and chastising. Yes, this post was in response to a very nasty, hate filled post.

Густа ми магла паднала, на тој ми рамно Косово! Ништа се живо не види, до једно дрво високо. Под њег` ми седив терзије, они ми шијев јелече.Колко су дзвезде на небо,Толко су шарке на њега.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
amberstars
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a bastard.  I have no problem saying what I am.  My sister is also a bastard.  The only two siblings who are not bastards are the youngest two.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL.The funny thing is my pastor said the same thing about there being no illegitimate children only parents.I love my pastor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
And some women need to learn that people change. 8yrs and I never would've guessed my ex would turn into an abusive, drunken loser.

Men can control their dicks as well, it isn't just on women. But I guess it is ok to keep men on such a low standard for some. Maybe if we expected more of our men so many wouldn't sleep around and make babies and become a deadbeat dad.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Or women could start being far more responsible and stop bringing babies into the world before its a good idea.

Or women could insist on condoms.

Or women could not procreate with losers or men they havent known long enough to know whther or not they are losers.

Women control thw uterus and need to be more responsible.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

The fact remains that you should not have sex unless you are prepared to handle whatever consequences might follow. 

Penises are like guns.  Everyone knows this. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Or sometimes BC fails to properly work. Or sometimes ur stuck in a horrible relationship. Anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows u can't "just get out". Result: my second child.
I'm just saying its not always our fault. But when we can b responsible yes we should b. But its not always up to us

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Or women could start being far more responsible and stop bringing babies into the world before its a good idea.

Or women could not procreate with losers or men they havent known long enough to know whther or not they are losers.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM

AGREEED AGREED AGREEED

and what does your siggy say?

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
If I was in a bad relationship and couldnt get out, I would make damned sure to double up on bc.
I understand bc fails or rape happens. Those are the exceptions and not the rule.

Quoting Anonymous:

Or sometimes BC fails to properly work. Or sometimes ur stuck in a horrible relationship. Anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows u can't "just get out". Result: my second child.

I'm just saying its not always our fault. But when we can b responsible yes we should b. But its not always up to us

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I get and respect what you're saying,  I was just offering another perspective that sometimes there are women who are in long term relationships without marriage.  It doesn't mean we jumped into something without thinking it just means some have a different view on marriage!

Quoting HousewifeNina:

For me, the paper matters. I respect that it does not for you. I do NOT respect women creating children with men they arent in stable, long term relationships with.

I also dont think women should jump into marriage. Meeting a guy, marrying him before really knowing him and then having kids is just as bad for the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does a piece of paper make is a better idea to have a child?  I have a child out of wedlock her father and I are still together and take great care of her.  We have no plans for marriage ever,  it's just not necessary!

Quoting HousewifeNina:

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM

My children are the product of me, and that is all that you, or anyone else on the internet really need to know.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Are your children a product of martiage or a stable long term relationship???

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Or you could stop being a part of the problem
Or just keep your silly opinions to yourself. 

Quoting HousewifeNina:

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen. My child (and his dad and me) are all technically "bastards" but that's ok. Unlike me and his dad my ds has two loving parents with his best interest at heart and we strive to do what is best for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting amberstars:

I'm a bastard.  I have no problem saying what I am.  My sister is also a bastard.  The only two siblings who are bastards are the youngest two.

See?  Good for you!   Own it!  

THAT'S what will change society.  Not telling people such a thing doesn't exist. 

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)