Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no such thing as an Illegitimate child

Posted by   + Show Post

There are only illegitimate parents. If you had a child out of wedlock, don't feel shame. What is there to feel shameful of? You have a beautiful child. We need to put the days of slut-shaming behind us. The days of back alley abortions, unlawful adoptions, and marrying because you HAD to should be put to rest. There was no golden era of moral superiority. There was merely an era of secrecy, shame, and chastising. Yes, this post was in response to a very nasty, hate filled post.

Густа ми магла паднала, на тој ми рамно Косово! Ништа се живо не види, до једно дрво високо. Под њег` ми седив терзије, они ми шијев јелече.Колко су дзвезде на небо,Толко су шарке на њега.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Get married and then have children. Otherwise your child technically is illegitimate. Don't like it? Oh well.
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM

It's a Serbian Wedding song. It talks about how on a foggy day, nothing can be seen except for a very tall tree. Under said tree, sits a tailor who is working on a wedding garment that has more patterns on it than stars in the sky. :)

Quoting ccnstanczak:

AGREEED AGREED AGREEED

and what does your siggy say?

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

You're an idiot who has been very well trained by a patriarchal mindset. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Get married and then have children. Otherwise your child technically is illegitimate. Don't like it? Oh well.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I humbly.suggest that your situation is an exception, and its awful that it happened to you. The vast majority of umwed moms didnt do what you did. They slept w a guy they didnt know well enough and got pregnant.

And its silly to imply I think men should be held to a lower standard. The fact remains that women control the uterus thus need to be making the responsible decisions when they are sleeping with irresponsible men.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some women need to learn that people change. 8yrs and I never would've guessed my ex would turn into an abusive, drunken loser.

Men can control their dicks as well, it isn't just on women. But I guess it is ok to keep men on such a low standard for some. Maybe if we expected more of our men so many wouldn't sleep around and make babies and become a deadbeat dad.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Or women could start being far more responsible and stop bringing babies into the world before its a good idea.

Or women could insist on condoms.

Or women could not procreate with losers or men they havent known long enough to know whther or not they are losers.

Women control thw uterus and need to be more responsible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Like how? My abusive ex would have beat me bloody if I told him to use a condom. I had to get inplanon on the sly because he wouldn't be able to see/feel it. He decided we were going to ttc so "doubling up" wasnt muchb of an option.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

If I was in a bad relationship and couldnt get out, I would make damned sure to double up on bc.

I understand bc fails or rape happens. Those are the exceptions and not the rule.

Quoting Anonymous:

Or sometimes BC fails to properly work. Or sometimes ur stuck in a horrible relationship. Anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows u can't "just get out". Result: my second child.

I'm just saying its not always our fault. But when we can b responsible yes we should b. But its not always up to us

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Or women could start being far more responsible and stop bringing babies into the world before its a good idea.

Or women could not procreate with losers or men they havent known long enough to know whther or not they are losers.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm with you on this. 

You can't change the word or blink it out of existence because you don't like what comes with it.  You can remember that it's a word and not give it so much power.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Sounds like they arent the products of a healthy long term relationship or marriage. So, you CHOSE this.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

My children are the product of me, and that is all that you, or anyone else on the internet really need to know.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Are your children a product of martiage or a stable long term relationship???

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Or you could stop being a part of the problem
Or just keep your silly opinions to yourself. 

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not advocating that women should be doing what ever with whom ever. I am, however, advocating for people to stop shaming them and their children. Particularly the children, who ask only to be loved and accepted.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

I humbly.suggest that your situation is an exception, and its awful that it happened to you. The vast majority of umwed moms didnt do what you did. They slept w a guy they didnt know well enough and got pregnant.

And its silly to imply I think men should be held to a lower standard. The fact remains that women control the uterus thus need to be making the responsible decisions when they are sleeping with irresponsible men.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some women need to learn that people change. 8yrs and I never would've guessed my ex would turn into an abusive, drunken loser.

Men can control their dicks as well, it isn't just on women. But I guess it is ok to keep men on such a low standard for some. Maybe if we expected more of our men so many wouldn't sleep around and make babies and become a deadbeat dad.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM
May I ask how long you knew him when your first child was conceived?

And you did the right thing by getting on a bc on the sly. Good for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like how? My abusive ex would have beat me bloody if I told him to use a condom. I had to get inplanon on the sly because he wouldn't be able to see/feel it. He decided we were going to ttc so "doubling up" wasnt muchb of an option.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

If I was in a bad relationship and couldnt get out, I would make damned sure to double up on bc.

I understand bc fails or rape happens. Those are the exceptions and not the rule.

Quoting Anonymous:

Or sometimes BC fails to properly work. Or sometimes ur stuck in a horrible relationship. Anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows u can't "just get out". Result: my second child.

I'm just saying its not always our fault. But when we can b responsible yes we should b. But its not always up to us

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

If only you knew :)

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Sounds like they arent the products of a healthy long term relationship or marriage. So, you CHOSE this.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

My children are the product of me, and that is all that you, or anyone else on the internet really need to know.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Are your children a product of martiage or a stable long term relationship???

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Or you could stop being a part of the problem
Or just keep your silly opinions to yourself. 

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)