Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

High School Sweetheart Found me after 28 years

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My HS Boyfriend found me on Facebook in Nov. We both are in Loveless marriages. So by Xmas we had our future mapped out..Divorce our Spouses and move back to our Home Town, He would transfer within his Company, same job, etc... He even bought me a promise ring for Xmas...We talked about marriage, about the type of house we wanted, ect.... On New Year's Day his wife looked up his phone usage on the computer and saw we were spending 2 hours a day, That was the time of his commute to work each day....She called my cell and my home phone.... Then she had it blocked so we couldn't call each other...And after that, he started acting differently, I have talked to him maybe 5x's this year.....We still text, and he found out the pay scale is different in our "Home State" and he would be taking a rather big paycut.... He says he is in love with me, but the timing is off, and that he is burying his emotions and that is how he is dealing with the fact our plan fell apart.....I am being stupid thinking he will leave her aren't I???? He is just playing me and stringing me along using me to toy with my heart.....Should I just cut off all communications with him??? I just do not get it because if he was going to make the same amount of money in our Home state, we would be together right now, or so he says....but because of that he says he needs to stay where he is now, til he can find something else that pays what he is use to making.......

Signed, Confused and probably Stupid

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Replies (11-16):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:22 AM

I really think you said it best....I feel stupid for falling for his BS.....But being in a Verbally Abused Relaionship I am learning how bad I have lost myself and depended on "Him" for my self identity.......And HS Sweetheart came along and said all the right stuff and so it was easy to be taken by his lies.....  Thank you for your input....Saying I can do all this is easy, but doing it is going to be not so easy, but I am getting stronger with help....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:25 AM
I am SO glad I married my HS sweetheart and don't have to deal with ridiculous crap like this!!
If he wanted to leave her he would. He made his choice so you have no other options but to let it go. Do your husband a favor and leave him!! Don't screw your kids over by causing unnecessary hardship and drama!

Quoting Anonymous:

My HS Boyfriend found me on Facebook in Nov. We both are in Loveless marriages. So by Xmas we had our future mapped out..Divorce our Spouses and move back to our Home Town, He would transfer within his Company, same job, etc... He even bought me a promise ring for Xmas...We talked about marriage, about the type of house we wanted, ect.... On New Year's Day his wife looked up his phone usage on the computer and saw we were spending 2 hours a day, That was the time of his commute to work each day....She called my cell and my home phone.... Then she had it blocked so we couldn't call each other...And after that, he started acting differently, I have talked to him maybe 5x's this year.....We still text, and he found out the pay scale is different in our "Home State" and he would be taking a rather big paycut.... He says he is in love with me, but the timing is off, and that he is burying his emotions and that is how he is dealing with the fact our plan fell apart.....I am being stupid thinking he will leave her aren't I???? He is just playing me and stringing me along using me to toy with my heart.....Should I just cut off all communications with him??? I just do not get it because if he was going to make the same amount of money in our Home state, we would be together right now, or so he says....but because of that he says he needs to stay where he is now, til he can find something else that pays what he is use to making.......

Signed, Confused and probably Stupid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Agreed. Do it for you not another man

Quoting Anonymous:

You should divorce your husband for your own reasons not to just jump into another relationship. If you want to move to your home town then do it. You can tell him you are still divorcing and moving. Tell him you are not doing it for him and to look you up later after he is divorced. Tell him by then you may or may not be in a relationship by then. Let him know you are NOT waiting for him. Then cut off communication.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I know all the other advice is to forget him.....We do barely talk, and I did tell him until we can have even a decent friendship including daily texts and calls, and have the same objective of get out of our marriages and both move to our home town, I cannot let him use my heart as a toy.......He now calls or texts me everyday, it still may not become anything, but I am going to get out of my marriage, hopefully move back to the Midwest, and if he lands up there too, then we start there and see what happens....He truly is a gentleman to me, he has never asked for a nude pic and only eluded to making love, never made it focul point of any conversation....we talked so much about matters of the heart...and learned so much about each other...So time will only tell, one day at a time, and one thing at a time....Thank you for taking the time for reading this....and originally responding ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Hey, maybe you and I can check on one another every once in awhile to see how things are going.... I literally have zero friends where I live so when I make this happen, I do not have a single person to talk to... I want to move to Iowa, which is where I grew up. My huge problem is that for the last two years I have been sick and my soon to be Ex has taken care of my now 6 year old son, plus his sister and brother live with us too....His sister has taken care of him 1/2 the time really, but he swears he will tell Judge I am unfit and he has taken sole care of him for the last two years, so Judge won't let me take him out of this state, and I hate Arizona where I live.....What to do   what to do???????  and I am a good person to vent to.....  Good luck my friend, I am here if you need someone to vent to.......be careful too, K? and do not be afraid to use the Police if you need them, they can come the day you are moving your things,,,,,

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:29 AM
So, you would up and leave one relationship and head straight for another, while towing your child/ren behind you? Forcing them to live with a man they never met, after ripping them out of their home?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)