Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I screwed up and I feel terrible!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
So this morning I got up at 7. I let the dog out and then was really tired (slept awful last night) so I went back to lay down. The kids were still asleep. I never fall back asleep after I wake up in the morning but of course this morning I do. Well my DS wakes me up at 8:50 asking what time DD's dance class is. Which of course is at 9. There was no way to get there in time. I felt so badly! She waits all week for dance class and now is really upset that she has to miss it. She is 3 (will be 4 on Wednesday). I feel so badly.

Eta: I would have had to get her dressed (its hard for her to get the tights and leotard on herself), do her hair in a bun and get me dressed. The studio is 20 minutes away driving fast. We would have gotten there at 9:25 at the earliest and the class is over at 9:30
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM

why do you have to miss it? how long is the class? can't you just go and show up a little late?

Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Awe maybe make it up to her and do something else she might enjoy? Idk, I've been there! 

Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I would have rushed out the door anyways , better to be late than not go at all. 

However , that is not what happened. So why not try to cheer her up by asking her if there is anything that she wants to do? 

You could both play a game , watch a movie ...do something to pass the time that she would have been at dance class.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I hope you let the dog back in and don't live somewhere cold!

lilfishbigocean
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

That sucks, but it happens!
Maybe just you and her can have your own dance class this morning?
Turn up some music, and have her "teach" you what she's learned thus far.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I would have had to get her dressed (its hard for her to get the tights and leotard on herself), do her hair in a bun and get me dressed. The studio is 20 minutes away driving fast. We would have gotten there at 9:25 at the earliest and the class is over at 9:30

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you have to miss it? how long is the class? can't you just go and show up a little late?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh no sorry. I let him in right after I let him out. It's freezing here so he only goes out for a minute.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I would have had to get her dressed (its hard for her to get the tights and leotard on herself), do her hair in a bun and get me dressed. The studio is 20 minutes away driving fast. We would have gotten there at 9:25 at the earliest and the class is over at 9:30

Quoting Two_Hearts:

I would have rushed out the door anyways , better to be late than not go at all. 

However , that is not what happened. So why not try to cheer her up by asking her if there is anything that she wants to do? 

You could both play a game , watch a movie ...do something to pass the time that she would have been at dance class.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM
It happens. Honestly, I wouldn't feel overly bad about it, not to the point of making anything up to her. Id simply say sorry and exlained we overslept. I find making a big deal out of little things like this makes matters worse.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Lol.
I left the dog out for 20 mins last night before I realized I forgot her :( it was 40 thank goodness so my little fat girl didn't freeze.thats the first time I've ever done that and I've had dogs for twenty years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured