Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

messing with my niece and went through her phone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

and read some EXTREMLY inappropriate texts between her and some young boys. i can not believe my eyes what both her and these boys were saying! I talked to her a little aboout it and learned she has self esteem issues. she feels texting and talking to boys in that context is the only way she will get boys to like her. i have always been there for my nephews 110% for everything...but it seems differant now that i am handeling a 14yr old girl, the boys were so much easier to know what to say for some reason. what do i do, what do i say to her, how can i help her see she needs to have more self respect than this and that she is beautiful inside and out and does not need to degrade herself for a boy to see this??

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Have her watch 16 & Pregnant and tell her those girls most likely felt the same too.
goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM
my 14yr old cousin is the same way. its awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM
It the society we live in. We have a great program called girls on the run here. They talk about being healthy, taking care of yourself, and thinking more of yourself. I was a tomboy, never wearing the slutty clothes or anything. I always had the guy 'friends', but I never had problems getting a date for a dance and had a boyfriend. It 's about finding someone who accepts you as is and not being what they expect you to be. If you have to change, they aren't right for you. Tell her that. Is she going to spend her whole life pretending to be someone she's not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM

she has watched it... i dont think its giving her the right message about pregnancy and sex though:( i am really worried about the reputation she is going to end up with :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Have her watch 16 & Pregnant and tell her those girls most likely felt the same too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:27 AM

its terriable! not only is she allowing herself to be disrespected, seeking out the wrong attention, but i also wonder why thezse boys talk the way they do and disrespect females this way!

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

my 14yr old cousin is the same way. its awful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM

i have never heard of girls on the run, is it available in all states? maybe i should google it and see what its all about 

Quoting michiganmom5150:

It the society we live in. We have a great program called girls on the run here. They talk about being healthy, taking care of yourself, and thinking more of yourself. I was a tomboy, never wearing the slutty clothes or anything. I always had the guy 'friends', but I never had problems getting a date for a dance and had a boyfriend. It 's about finding someone who accepts you as is and not being what they expect you to be. If you have to change, they aren't right for you. Tell her that. Is she going to spend her whole life pretending to be someone she's not?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Then just TALK TO HER and let her know that's the wrong way to go around getting boys' attention. Tell her, that she'll end up with a reputation she won't like, other girls will talk behind her back and assume she's a slut. Let her know to never send nude pics because you cannot trust these boys at all and next thing she'll know her nude pics could be all over school.

It's a slippery slope that she's going down and just don't let her. Tell her she's pretty and let her know that if her shirt is cute, or her outfit or hair.

How old is she?

Quoting Anonymous:

she has watched it... i dont think its giving her the right message about pregnancy and sex though:( i am really worried about the reputation she is going to end up with :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Where's her mom? Probably her call on how to handle it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM

i started to talk to her then my DH came home so we ended the talk for the time being. she dresses very "revealing"... i have talked to her about it as has my mom, dad, DH and even her father but she sees nothing wrong with it. i dont know for a fact but i believe she has already sent nude pics to 2 boys. she is just about to turn 15 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then just TALK TO HER and let her know that's the wrong way to go around getting boys' attention. Tell her, that she'll end up with a reputation she won't like, other girls will talk behind her back and assume she's a slut. Let her know to never send nude pics because you cannot trust these boys at all and next thing she'll know her nude pics could be all over school.

It's a slippery slope that she's going down and just don't let her. Tell her she's pretty and let her know that if her shirt is cute, or her outfit or hair.

How old is she?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM

hr mom is around. my niece hides her phone and wont let anyone touch it..a few days ago some messages came through on her ipod and her mom seen them but took no action. just as i did with my nephews i will not go back to my sister with what my niece tells me in confidence, i wont break that trust. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Where's her mom? Probably her call on how to handle it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)