Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOLY SALT CONTENT BATMAN! (fast food post) EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

My kids' godmother wants to meet at Burger King for lunch today. Other than Sonic it's the only place in our town that's a fast food restaurant.  I agreed since the kids would love a kids meal and the playground because we rarely ever eat fast food (when we do it's taco bell and that's very rare). I was checking their menu online to see nutrition value to see what I could get that's the lowest in calories and fat. I found a few decent options, although not great since it is fast food after all, but holy salt content! A GRILLED chicken sandwich has 1330 mg of sodium. A salad has 1600 mg. Looks like I'll be having water for lunch today.

This is why we don't eat fast food...with my high blood pressure problems and DH's high choloesterol problems, this is obscene. 

I considered calling GM and asking if she'd meet us in the town my mom lives in, there's a Chick Fil A there, but I looked up their kids' meal nutrition info and holy shit. BK is better. I was shocked. BK has over 100 g less calories and almost 100 mg less of sodium content. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmmmm salt. Seriously. I love salt. I know it's bad, but I'm slightly addicted. We dont eat much fast food tho..im talking about the real shit..that white gold..lol. I use sea salt 90% of the time on my food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM

this is not news.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Mmmmhmmmmm........yes.....and?

I think we all know fast food is unhealthy, evens choices that seem to be healthy are still fast food choices.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Well at home, unless it is naturally occurring in something, we don't eat salt. I never season with it. To be honest i don't even think we have it up in out cabinet....any salt we get would be from fast food or something of the like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We use sea salt as well. I can't stand overly salty foods, especially fries. Slightly salted, yes, but taking the cap off the shaker and pouring it on? No thanks!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Mmmmm salt. Seriously. I love salt. I know it's bad, but I'm slightly addicted. We dont eat much fast food tho..im talking about the real shit..that white gold..lol. I use sea salt 90% of the time on my food.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM

That stuff is poison. 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Mm I love salt!  But that is insane!  :l

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I use it occasionally, DH loves to use it, but I don't. I season with a few other things but hardly ever salt, and when I do it's sea salt.

I use salt to make lines across my doors and windows to keep the bad mojo out ;)

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Well at home, unless it is naturally occurring in something, we don't eat salt. I never season with it. To be honest i don't even think we have it up in out cabinet....any salt we get would be from fast food or something of the like.

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Quoting JDmommyJD:

Me, too. I'm in the car eating a bag of Wise Onion Rings. Those are seriously salty. I've always craved salt. I think I have a deficiency somehow. I've always had low blood pressure.
NiCo86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
my DH is a salt addict lol try Himilayan Pink Salt!!!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured