Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HOLY SALT CONTENT BATMAN! (fast food post) EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My kids' godmother wants to meet at Burger King for lunch today. Other than Sonic it's the only place in our town that's a fast food restaurant.  I agreed since the kids would love a kids meal and the playground because we rarely ever eat fast food (when we do it's taco bell and that's very rare). I was checking their menu online to see nutrition value to see what I could get that's the lowest in calories and fat. I found a few decent options, although not great since it is fast food after all, but holy salt content! A GRILLED chicken sandwich has 1330 mg of sodium. A salad has 1600 mg. Looks like I'll be having water for lunch today.

This is why we don't eat fast food...with my high blood pressure problems and DH's high choloesterol problems, this is obscene. 

I considered calling GM and asking if she'd meet us in the town my mom lives in, there's a Chick Fil A there, but I looked up their kids' meal nutrition info and holy shit. BK is better. I was shocked. BK has over 100 g less calories and almost 100 mg less of sodium content. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Replies (31-39):
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg I loveee the original mix it up salt on green beans!! Mmmmm

Ive never seen the other varieties.

Quoting Sassy762:

Me too, lol I also carry my own "Janes Krazy salt mixes " with me, lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Mmmmm salt. Seriously. I love salt. I know it's bad, but I'm slightly addicted. We dont eat much fast food tho..im talking about the real shit..that white gold..lol. I use sea salt 90% of the time on my food.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

you are at risk of a stroke with such low BP...esp preggo....take care of yourself

Quoting wkukid:

I'm 5 months pregnant. I had mine taken about a week ago and it was 104 over 70. Sometimes it gets as low as 85 over 60. Mines pretty crazy. I've actually had doctors tell me to eat a little salt lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have high blood pressure. Also being pregnant I don't want it to get any higher than it is, I had a lot of complications with my other kids due to blood pressure.

Quoting wkukid:

I eat fast food and I have low blood pressure. The salt content doesn't seem to bother me.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I love it on EVERYTHING, lol

I love the Lemon Pepper on Lemon Chicken and the Lime Pepper is great in Guacamole.....NOW I am hungry, lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Mmmmm salt. Seriously. I love salt. I know it's bad, but I'm slightly addicted. We dont eat much fast food tho..im talking about the real shit..that white gold..lol. I use sea salt 90% of the time on my food.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
My blood pressure, pregnant or not, almost always is 90/65...and im a salt fanatic..
Interesting, isn't it?

Quoting wkukid:

I'm 5 months pregnant. I had mine taken about a week ago and it was 104 over 70. Sometimes it gets as low as 85 over 60. Mines pretty crazy. I've actually had doctors tell me to eat a little salt lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have high blood pressure. Also being pregnant I don't want it to get any higher than it is, I had a lot of complications with my other kids due to blood pressure.

Quoting wkukid:

I eat fast food and I have low blood pressure. The salt content doesn't seem to bother me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

It's crazy. The funniest thing was having my primary care doc say "yea I think you could afford a little salt in your diet lol.". 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

My blood pressure, pregnant or not, almost always is 90/65...and im a salt fanatic..
Interesting, isn't it?

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha, me too!!
And, am now wanting something salty.
Thank you op, now I will go to burger king.
And, ill dip my fries in ranch AND zesty sauce!!
<----total rebel!

Quoting Sassy762:

I love it on EVERYTHING, lol

I love the Lemon Pepper on Lemon Chicken and the Lime Pepper is great in Guacamole.....NOW I am hungry, lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Lol. You should of pulled out a shaker, dashed some on your fist...and licked it....slowly.

Why I envisioned that, I don't know..but I'm LOLing..

So lame today, i am.. Ha!
Quoting wkukid:

It's crazy. The funniest thing was having my primary care doc say "yea I think you could afford a little salt in your diet lol.". 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Interesting, isn't it?

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I do that too, before going to a restaurant:)
I guess BK doesn't do salads? Even then, you still have to be careful with the dressing and toppings.
Salt content can be crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
get it!! you wont regret it :)

Quoting JDmommyJD:

I have been eyeing that up! Was wondering if the taste was any different? It would look pretty in my grinder!

Quoting NiCo86:

my DH is a salt addict lol try Himilayan Pink Salt!!!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)