Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SMOKING CIGS WHILE PREGNANT? DID ANY OF YOU DO THIS? HOW DID YOUR KIDS TURN OUT? MY BOSSES WIFE....

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 86 Replies
2 moms liked this

smoked cigs her whole pregnancy with their now 14 month old daughter. She is constantly sick, not just the average cold, but infections, she has had fevers often. She openly admitted to smoking during her pregnancies with all 4 of her kids. She says how they all turned out fine. I dont think having infections often, getting colds all the time for a 14 month old since birth, is normal. The poor baby was in the hospital for 3 weeks when she was just 2 months old because she had a bacteria that was causing her not to eat, she was hooked up to ivs, had to be fed through a feeding tube because she wouldnt eat on her own. I just dont understand how a woman could be that selfish to put her baby's health at risk all for a bad habit. I care about all babies, and to see a pregnant woman smoking a cigarette, is just disgusting. 

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I think it's completly selfish to smoke while pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Get ready for all the women who had to smoke to save their babies...
lydias_mommy12
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM
My friend smoked for a while when she was pregnant but ended up in the hospital with some kind of illness lung related for it and stopped. She was kind of addicted and it's not good to stop cold turkey but she did stop. She had to lol the hospital wouldn't let her. Her son is healthy and she still doesn't smoke.
yikesitsmindy
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Uck. I quit when I started trying. It was hard, but I did it for my baby.
VictoriaAnn44
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Disguisting! If you can't give something like that up for the sake of your children then you shouldn't be having them in the first place. I quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant and never looked back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I smoked until I found out I was pregnant then quit. So My child was probably exposed to a few weeks of cigarette smoke. Funny thing is, my oldest child (the one exposed) is healthy as a horse. My youngest child however, sound just like the child described above. We found out when she was about 20 months that she had an immune deficiency. I'm know smoking causes problems with health after birth but with all the things you mentioned, I have to wonder if there is more going on that is unrelated to the smoke.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

My mom did. I have asthma, severe allergies and a lowered immune system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I greatly decreased the amount I smoked with my first 2 and absolutely no health issues. I didn't smoke with my last 2 and my youngest has all the lung issues.
tryinagain85
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM

i have heard of women who smoked marijuana to get through their pregnancies, but never cigarettes to save their babies or to get through their pregnancies. I am ready to hear all the excuses. I used to be a cigarette smoker. When i first found out i was pregnant with my now, healthy, 4 year old daughter, i quite cold turkey and i was fine. I was about 5-6 weeks when i found out i was pregnant with her so i stopped before it could effect my blood pressure, because i have heard that excuse before, but to continue smoking on a regular basis and numerous times a day, is being selfish towards your baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get ready for all the women who had to smoke to save their babies...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I smoked 2 or 3 a day. My kid is pretty healthy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)