Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do???

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 18 Replies
My husband works late, he didn't get home from work until 2 AM last night, so by the time he got settled it was 3 before he was asleep, he's still sleeping now. Tonight he has a paying photography gig at a professional MMA fight, so his plan was to get plenty of rest today, as he has a lot of pain in his legs from working last night.

His mom just called. His cousin died in a car accident last night. Now, Husband cannot cancel tonight, there's no one else to take pictures and his reputation would take a hit. Waiting to tell him tomorrow is also not an option, the news is all over Facebook, he'd know as soon as he logged in when he got up.

I know, this post is drama free, but what would you do? Wake him to tell him or let him rest?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I would wake him up, as much as I wouldn't want to. Give him the opportunity to process it before he has to set it aside for work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Let him sleep.  Tell him in the morning...

MyraEllen
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I keep thinking that, but then I'm like, once I tell him, he's going to be so upset. I just want him to be content a little longer. I've never had to break news like this before, I'm so conflicted.

Quoting ff-princess:

I would wake him up, as much as I wouldn't want to. Give him the opportunity to process it before he has to set it aside for work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie428
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I would just let him sleep. The cousin is dead, nothing he can do. At least he won't be tired, and grieving, and working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Its 11:20 AM here. He was sleeping late so he'd be well rested later when he has to be on his feet all night. He woke up around 8, then decided to nap. His mom only called 30 minutes ago and now I'm pacing the house because I don't know what to do and I'm upset too. His cousin was only 31

Quoting Anonymous:

Let him sleep.  Tell him in the morning...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I'm leaning towards letting him sleep until like noon, and if he doesn't wake before then, I'll go ahead and get him up and tell him so he has time to process it before he has to go meet with the guy who runs this MMA circuit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyblue415
by champagne on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him. its the right thing to do. 

MyraEllen
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Thank you ladies, for your input. I really appreciate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Let him sleep. Maybe wake him up just a little earlier than you normally would. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)