Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

watching supernanny is a great example..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
That talking to kids does not work!!

I can't even last 3 minutes watching the damn show without getting mad and how peoples kids behave disrespecting their parents telling them that they hate them and hitting them.
The parents look so stupid and fake just picking them up putting them in time outs or telling them in a sweet voice to stop infront of the nanny.

I wish my kids would try something like that infront of people lmao.. But thankfully my kids know way better to behave or go the hard way getting your butt whoop.

Yes i don't care what anyone thinks
» kids need dicipline even if that means getting an ass whooping here and there from time to time.«

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that a lot of times those shows do help to teach the parents how to handle their children.

Talking to your kids absolutely does work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Talking to your kid does work, I've seen it work and I'm living proof it does work.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

My kids love to watch that show. Mama, we don't act like that.  My kids know better do.  My youngest says "Mama if I acted like that I'd be in deep yogurt"!!!  LOL

ksueditz
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I've learned a lot f/ watching supernanny. I model our timeouts after supernanny's. My children very rarely have to go to timeout, and I don't "butt whoop."
ksueditz
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Deep yogurt! Lol

Quoting Thelmama:

My kids love to watch that show. Mama, we don't act like that.  My kids know better do.  My youngest says "Mama if I acted like that I'd be in deep yogurt"!!!  LOL

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM

You clearly don't finish any episodes. I've never once seen her tell a parent the child needs a ass whooping.

chickensmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad my child does not fear me and still respects me. No "ass whoopings" here.
Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids like watching it, too! LOL They always exclaim at how naughty those kids are and how they'd never do that. 

Quoting Thelmama:

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I am against "ass whooping" but I am all for spanking. I think there is a huge difference. Ass whooping implies to me that the parent is angry and out of control when they spank. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

How sad you would rather beat your child than talk to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)