Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Long Do You Wait Before Sex?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
So I am finally moving on from my kids father. And I met someone, and I really don't want to have sex with another person until I am married because I believed my ex. He always said we would get married and we slept together now he's gone and I am alone with two babies. He isnt even involved. I told this new guy I wanted to wait and he said he respects that but now that I am thining... I am 23 and he is 24, is waiting til marriage even logical these days? If I don't wait that long how long should I wait? How long have you mommies waited with a new relationship? This sounds dumb but I am just new to this whole starting over thing.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think there's a set timeline.
Do it when you're ready, wether its before or after getting married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I haven't went through what you are but I would do it when you're ready. You don't have to be married to have sex. Just when you feel like the time is right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly.. do you think a man would wait until then? Even if there is love and everything..

Quoting Dinimon:

I don't think there's a set timeline.

Do it when you're ready, wether its before or after getting married.

MrsShipley21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww your cute. I believe waiting makes it exciting but I am sure you will now when the time is right. You do not necessarily wait till marriage. It is just whenever your feeling him enough to just make love ^_^

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I just don't want to be left again and already having sexual relations with another person.. I didn't put that right but you know what I mean?

Quoting mommy74146:

I haven't went through what you are but I would do it when you're ready. You don't have to be married to have sex. Just when you feel like the time is right.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think at least 6 months is a good number...

But, whenever you feel like he has proven himself to be serious and honest and to genuinely have yours and your kids best interest at heart, you'll probably be ready to become intimate.

That's my opinion on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I feel like if I even want to, hell think it's slutty

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Awww your cute. I believe waiting makes it exciting but I am sure you will now when the time is right. You do not necessarily wait till marriage. It is just whenever your feeling him enough to just make love ^_^

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Thanks for your view

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I think at least 6 months is a good number...

But, whenever you feel like he has proven himself to be serious and honest and to genuinely have yours and your kids best interest at heart, you'll probably be ready to become intimate.

That's my opinion on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Well i kinda moved on quickley.I had a fling like a week after the break up then a month later  got in  relationship we were together a little over 2 months when we had sex.that ended after 6 mos and  im with a new man(i've known him for 3 years) and we were together for like a few days when we had sex.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Whatever is comfortable for you.  Everyone's views are going to be different and there is no right or wrong answer here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)