Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you take the job>??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Should i go for the job?

Options:

yes, go for it. IF dh says hes okay with it.

No, leave him be.

oh look a pink unicorn! (other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

So my dh works at electronic store, basic sales man. He's doing pretty good. Well they had 2 people quit, and they fired 4 employees for stealing. This just happened last week. They went from 7 people (including dh) to just dh working there- plus the manager. So dh is working long hours. from open to close pretty much all day. (830 am to 10 pm, but cleaning and filing until 11pm). Mostly its just him. Before it was kinda like this because people would call in sick or ask to switch shifts or it was busy so his manager will phone him and she'll ask dh to come in for a few hours ect..

Well im a stay at home mom. I was thinking of going back to school since dd will be in school. It was the plan we both decided. But then dh told me that they are hiring at his store and sketchy kids come in wanting to job but they have no experience and his manager thinks they are just going to steal. So they arent getting much luck!

I was thinking of going for the job.... i think it would help us out. Dh wouldnt be woking so much and could actually enjoy a day off, get to sleep in and just enjoy it. I think the money will be an added bonus. We dont need the money as dh makes a lot there but i think maybe an extra 1000 or 2000 from me will add nicely in the bank.

Im going to talk to dh about it... do you think he would mind working will me? I mean if i do get the job of course... or should i just leave him be?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Go for it if he doesn't mind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM

i think it's best to keep personal life separate but ask your dh and go with that

It's Cassandra Cat! 

iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Go for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Not trying to discourage you.  Aside from the applicants being sketchy, you mentioned that your DH said that they have no experience.  Selling electronics IMPO is not an easy thing.  I work in the IT field and one of my biggest pet peeves is a sales person who does not know anything about the products the store they work for is selling. 

I find myself doing tons of research myself, and going into the store myself with brand and model number in hand to find and buy the product or just ordering online.  I won't even go into the story of the tv I was going to buy and left out the store without one because the sales guy didn't know anything about any of the TVS.  I did eventually end up getting one at another store from a sales guy who could actually answer my questions  and knew what he was talking about.

If you feel confident that you could do the job and have the experience they are looking for, then I say go for it.  Just make sure that you and DH are not put on the same shift too much.  It could cause problems in your marriage.  Good luck! 

Quoting Anonymous:

So my dh works at electronic store, basic sales man. He's doing pretty good. Well they had 2 people quit, and they fired 4 employees for stealing. This just happened last week. They went from 7 people (including dh) to just dh working there- plus the manager. So dh is working long hours. from open to close pretty much all day. (830 am to 10 pm, but cleaning and filing until 11pm). Mostly its just him. Before it was kinda like this because people would call in sick or ask to switch shifts or it was busy so his manager will phone him and she'll ask dh to come in for a few hours ect..

Well im a stay at home mom. I was thinking of going back to school since dd will be in school. It was the plan we both decided. But then dh told me that they are hiring at his store and sketchy kids come in wanting to job but they have no experience and his manager thinks they are just going to steal. So they arent getting much luck!

I was thinking of going for the job.... i think it would help us out. Dh wouldnt be woking so much and could actually enjoy a day off, get to sleep in and just enjoy it. I think the money will be an added bonus. We dont need the money as dh makes a lot there but i think maybe an extra 1000 or 2000 from me will add nicely in the bank.

Im going to talk to dh about it... do you think he would mind working will me? I mean if i do get the job of course... or should i just leave him be?

Pita369
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM
You would have to look into their policies as well... The place I work at has a policy where family members cannot work in the same department and/or be a direct manager of the other persons BUT we work at the same place but different departments and we just keep it professional while at work
Lorena
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM
My dh and I have workes togeather in the past and have loved it! We are.currently talking about starting a family business niw that most of the kids are old enough to help and said they would like to do that. I for one can't wait.
Now if you do this be prepared for your dh to expect more out of you then others. My dh was harder on me then anyone else but he likes to push me and I like when he does and I can rise to his expectations!
Dies the job require previous experience? Can family members work together? You are now a sahm have you discussed childcare?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)