Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good lord the poor never stop

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Today my children and I spent time delivering foods to families who need it.  Our church learns about people who need help, so we schedule a time to bring stuff.

Seriously, screw all of them but one.  I am sick to death of these welfare families that bitch about what we brought.  They deserve to starve.   It is just bullshit that kids and moms cussed out my kids.

"Stupid assbitches.   Who the fuck eats these beans?  4 cans of corn?   I should just feed my kids corn?

Where is the spaghetti and cookies and crackers?   You give me tuna and peanut butter and nothing to make with it or put it on?

You give us salad and no dressing?  

What the fuck are we going to do with hotdogs and no buns?  

Fuck you, canned beans?   My kids aint gonna eat this shit.

How do I make oatmeal from this tub?   God you bitches suck."

Get pissed because we brought oatmeal that isn't instant? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Replies (301-310):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

You are so far from the truth it is sad.

You are telling us to plan better to provide food that is freely donated.  We were wrong for providing a bag of salad but not giving them salad dressing.

You are the mindset that makes these people act like the did.   Somehow we are the bad guys for not providing the right things to those that need help.

Quoting teri4lance:

I thought you were trying to be a blessing. I think you just want people to fall all over themselves with gratitude no matter what you do. They should certainly be gracious for the help. That doesnt mean that with a little more planning you couldn't multiply your blessing on the needy in a way that far exceeds the effort .

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.   You are unbelievable.

Quoting teri4lance:

Look...they aren't a receptacle for cast off food. Get organized. Ask for certain things each week or something. Round out your offering. Let's see you make a meal out of pb, tuna, and rice.

Try to see past the poor conduct and listen to the message. Their behavior was detestable....but the message was valid.

It's not about entitlement. Take a look at programs like meals on wheels. You don't need to prep their food, but arriving with things that make up a complete meal is far more helpful to the truly needy than random staples.

Quoting Anonymous:

We bring what people donate.

I am sorry, but canned tuna, peanut butter, bags of rice and beans are good things to provide.   We need to provide them with complete meals?   Seriously?   The entitlement never stops.

Quoting teri4lance:

They handled it all wrong and i am sorry for their conduct ....BUT.....it does sound like you need to think out what you bring a little better. It should be complete meals or at least dishes. Why would you bring hot dogs without buns or salad with nothing to put on it? Would you want a grateful family to try and put together some half assed incomplete meal? Here honey have your naked hot dog and lettuce dinner. Yum. So yes....those people were out of line. But I think you guys could be a greater blessing to the needy if you'd put a little more planning into what you are bringing.

MEENASTRID
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I don't blame her.
It is bullshit to give them random crap.
It's like "Thank ME for giving you junk" and then being mad when it's pointed out its junk.
This poor woman is frustrated already. Tuna, corn, beans and peanut butter.
What would you do...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnieGoolaheey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I'll take it. LOL. Hell you give me hot dogs and salad; I can go get a $1 pack of buns and a $2  bottle of dressing and I have supper for $3.  I'm happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

You are just as bad as some of the others

Tuna, beans, and peanut butter are shelf stable proteins.   I guess people can just not get the help next time if they are too good for what is given.

And what I would do is not look a gift as a bad thing and use the items with stuff I already have.

Quoting MEENASTRID:

I don't blame her.
It's like "Thank ME for giving you junk" and then being mad when it's pointed out its junk.
What would you do...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Troll
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Quoting MEENASTRID:

I don't blame her.
What would you do...

I would buy a loaf of bread and use the tuna and pb for sandwiches. I would use the corn as a side to to dinner. The food pantry isn't meant to be your SOLE source of food, geez. And let's not pretend they don't also get food stamps and WIC. They have plenty of resources to make something out of 'random crap'

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Yep been there it's bs
heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I don't blame the poor for being bitchy about getting crap. A local coffee shop had a canned food drive. They would give you a free drink or a discount, depending on how many cans you brought in. I was like, FUCK YEA! Know what I did? I went into my pantry, and pulled out everything we didn't like or wouldn't eat. I didn't give them anything dented or expired, just stuff that we didn't like. I have no shame in admitting that, because that's how most food banks are stocked. They get random things other people don't want or didn't like. And of course, these poor people are expected to kiss our feet for being generous *SMH* If you're poor and recently received a can or two of octopus...I'm sorry, and you're welcome ;)

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You are so far from the truth it is sad.

You are telling us to plan better to provide food that is freely donated.  We were wrong for providing a bag of salad but not giving them salad dressing.

You are the mindset that makes these people act like the did.   Somehow we are the bad guys for not providing the right things to those that need help.

Quoting teri4lance:

I thought you were trying to be a blessing. I think you just want people to fall all over themselves with gratitude no matter what you do. They should certainly be gracious for the help. That doesnt mean that with a little more planning you couldn't multiply your blessing on the needy in a way that far exceeds the effort .

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.   You are unbelievable.

Quoting teri4lance:

Look...they aren't a receptacle for cast off food. Get organized. Ask for certain things each week or something. Round out your offering. Let's see you make a meal out of pb, tuna, and rice.

Try to see past the poor conduct and listen to the message. Their behavior was detestable....but the message was valid.

It's not about entitlement. Take a look at programs like meals on wheels. You don't need to prep their food, but arriving with things that make up a complete meal is far more helpful to the truly needy than random staples.

Quoting Anonymous:

We bring what people donate.

I am sorry, but canned tuna, peanut butter, bags of rice and beans are good things to provide.   We need to provide them with complete meals?   Seriously?   The entitlement never stops.

Quoting teri4lance:

They handled it all wrong and i am sorry for their conduct ....BUT.....it does sound like you need to think out what you bring a little better. It should be complete meals or at least dishes. Why would you bring hot dogs without buns or salad with nothing to put on it? Would you want a grateful family to try and put together some half assed incomplete meal? Here honey have your naked hot dog and lettuce dinner. Yum. So yes....those people were out of line. But I think you guys could be a greater blessing to the needy if you'd put a little more planning into what you are bringing.

Please show me where I said you were the bad guy. Where? And where did I say you were wrong? Let's add how may times I mentioned that the way that family behaved was not ok.

Now, let me ask you - I thought you were trying to make these people's lives better. Why are you so resistant to learn or understand their point of view? You are so sure that what you are doing is so perfect that you will accept no POV that suggests you are less than perfect. Is that really what you think? Have you no capacity to look beyond your vist and figure out what people are going to do with what you bring? Would you want to eat dry lettuce? And don't give me that 'if I was hungry enough' crap. Would you want to eat dry lettuce? My guess is - probably not. 

And if you had an empty pantry and no bread how are you supposed to make a meal out of a can of tuna or a jar of pb? Would you want to feed your kids a spoonful of PB and a bowl of dry tuna for dinner? Could they live on that? sure - but would you feed that to your kids? I am sure you can round out your food gifts with day-old bread from many of the local grocery stores.

All I suggested is that you think about the things you are giving people. Plan it so that they can make a meal with what you give them. And people will freely give what you ask for.  put out a donation schedule. Make specific requests. It can be done. You just have to want to. 

You may have been faced with some pretty lousy behavior recently, but your reaction isn't all that much better. Just think about it. 

Without ME there would be no awesome!

TexaBamaBaby
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Precisely!  God made provisions in the statutes for the poor in ancient Israel.  The wealthy had to leave the corners of their fields unharvested so the poor, the widows, the fatherless and the strangers would have enough to eat.  He didn't say to bring it to their door!  The poor had to go out and GET IT FOR THEMSELVES!

OP, I understand your anger completely.  Being in dire straights doesn't give anyone the right to mistreat your children.  Shame on them!

Quoting Anonymous:

God also says those who do not work, shall not eat.

We are bringing them food and they swear at us and complain we didn't bring the right things or enough.

Quoting Mamabear010:

So I guess turn the other cheek turned into go post it on CM? Very Christian of you. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured