Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

John Robert powers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Well..I took my daughter to the talent adution again today...she's 10..we did it when she was 2. Not just because she's my kid..but she's beautiful...sings and acts and I'm convinced will do something big someday. So we go today and I'm sure we will get a call back. I only took her because she heard the ad and called and made her own appointment. So..we get the paper..$1900 for the small package to over $8000 for the best one plus $800 for professional pictures. I didnt pay last time because I was always told if it was legit..you would never pay anything. But I'm not so sure now... Soooo....had anyone gone to one of these...paid the money...and had success??? I have the money because I got a bonus at work...but I was going to go on a vacation...I'm not sure I want to give that up for something like this. Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nelliesmommy
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

bump for you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Don't do it. People are right when they say that if they're truely interested in your daughter for work then they don't require you to pay anything. 

What the hell does that package include anyway?

Also, pics of your daughter or it isn't true and you're just being biased as a mommy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM
It's a five week training class on how to audition I guess... sounds good..but who really can spend that kind of money...

I'll get get to take a pic real fast..

It's not just her looks though...she's won singing competitions...Been the lead in school plays...today they asked her to sing and she made a song up on the spot and did great.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't do it. People are right when they say that if they're truely interested in your daughter for work then they don't require you to pay anything. 

What the hell does that package include anyway?

Also, pics of your daughter or it isn't true and you're just being biased as a mommy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok. Don't spend any money on BS like that. I don't even know how that company and others like it are still around. If you really want to get your daughter into acting, find an agent. The only thing you will ever need to pay for are headshots.

I need to add more, hold on.

Ok I had to switch to my computer lol.  Anyways, you need to find an agent that specializes in child talent.  John Robert Powers and companies like that are scams, and the "Learn How to Audition and Get That Role!!!" classes are scams.  They just want your money.  

As for headshots, www.headshots101.com is a good site to learn about them and how to get them.  They're expensive but well worth it.  They have to be updated quite regularly, though, so find a photographer you can trust for the long run.  

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Ok bump for edit to my above post lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Thank you...I really appreciate it!!

And she's upset...but were not doing the John Powers thing..I agree it's a scan.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok bump for edit to my above post lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Haha...they just called back and want both of my kids to come back tomorrow to set up a plan....said they can see about scholarships because that about $5600 on the LOW end!!!
slransde
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I got a call back there when I was in college..pretty sure everyone is called back and then duped into paying. I walked away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)