Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I deleted my Fat People Piss Me Off post (please read)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
There were a lot of women who were mildly overweight or still carrying a baby bulge who responded to my post, thinking themselves to be obese and apologizing and beating themselves up for carrying a little bit of weight.
My post was not directed at you. It makes me sad that you took it personally. My words were ugly and hurtful to a lot of people. Please know that I'm deeply sorry that I hurt you and no matter what my opinions are, in the future I will consider the feelings of others before opening my mouth.

I'm sorry, ladies. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I don't see the problem with posting your opinion. Some will be hurt, some will agree and some will do both.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Awwee
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
You're nuts
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM

That's very nice of you

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:22 PM

That was nice of you and I can tell that there is at least one person on here who has MS and is overweight. Weight loss is not a possibility with her meds.

She is pretty strong, so you probably did not bother her but there are others like her that it may have bothered.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't take it personally. It's not your fault that I'm overweight! Some of the things you said were a little harsh, but we can't always please everybody. Your apology is very sweet.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, I'm morbidly obese and deal with a lot of what you complained about.  It's one of the reasons I don't go out to eat hardly ever.  People would look at me like I didn't deserve to eat and I mean it was almost like they were snarling at me, the disgust was so apparent.  It didn't seem to matter what I was eating either. 

That and the fact that I finally found a diet that works considering the medical conditions I have.  Most places can't accommodate the diet, so I just eat at home. 

I find it odd the women who are proud of their obesity.  I am not and never was. 

BTW  I did find what you stated as offensive, but it didn't bother me- we all have our own perspectives, even if I don't agree with them.  I remember being younger and stating that I was never going to be fat like this and that fat people grossed me out.  I have learned that you cannot always know what will happen in life and experience is what makes us wise. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I didn't take that post personally. You made some very valid points. It was your delivery that lacked.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM
This is so refreshing to see on here. Someone who can admit when they made a mistake and hurt others as opposed to being obsessed with being right. Thank you for being you!!!! You rock!!!!!!!!!
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I'm a bit overweight (maybe 25-30lbs?) and I wasn't offended by your post but I did think it was a bit mean. I think its sweet that you apologized and it shows your maturity :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)