Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I deleted my Fat People Piss Me Off post (please read)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
There were a lot of women who were mildly overweight or still carrying a baby bulge who responded to my post, thinking themselves to be obese and apologizing and beating themselves up for carrying a little bit of weight.
My post was not directed at you. It makes me sad that you took it personally. My words were ugly and hurtful to a lot of people. Please know that I'm deeply sorry that I hurt you and no matter what my opinions are, in the future I will consider the feelings of others before opening my mouth.

I'm sorry, ladies. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I don't see the problem with posting your opinion. Some will be hurt, some will agree and some will do both.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Awwee
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
You're nuts
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM

That's very nice of you

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:22 PM

That was nice of you and I can tell that there is at least one person on here who has MS and is overweight. Weight loss is not a possibility with her meds.

She is pretty strong, so you probably did not bother her but there are others like her that it may have bothered.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't take it personally. It's not your fault that I'm overweight! Some of the things you said were a little harsh, but we can't always please everybody. Your apology is very sweet.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, I'm morbidly obese and deal with a lot of what you complained about.  It's one of the reasons I don't go out to eat hardly ever.  People would look at me like I didn't deserve to eat and I mean it was almost like they were snarling at me, the disgust was so apparent.  It didn't seem to matter what I was eating either. 

That and the fact that I finally found a diet that works considering the medical conditions I have.  Most places can't accommodate the diet, so I just eat at home. 

I find it odd the women who are proud of their obesity.  I am not and never was. 

BTW  I did find what you stated as offensive, but it didn't bother me- we all have our own perspectives, even if I don't agree with them.  I remember being younger and stating that I was never going to be fat like this and that fat people grossed me out.  I have learned that you cannot always know what will happen in life and experience is what makes us wise. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I didn't take that post personally. You made some very valid points. It was your delivery that lacked.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM
This is so refreshing to see on here. Someone who can admit when they made a mistake and hurt others as opposed to being obsessed with being right. Thank you for being you!!!! You rock!!!!!!!!!
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I'm a bit overweight (maybe 25-30lbs?) and I wasn't offended by your post but I did think it was a bit mean. I think its sweet that you apologized and it shows your maturity :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)