Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

restaurant problem

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies
I wanted some opinions on something that happened at a restaurant earlier this week.

I was at the mall with my 3 year old, and decided to stop into a restaurant for some lunch. He has been a little restless he whole trip, and was begging to go to the park. I said after lunch. He was being pretty well behaved, but was eyeing another little boy and looked like he wanted to play.

We sat down and ordered, when my phone rang. It was really important because it was from somewhere I had a job interview last week. My son got up, took off running and him and the other little boy started chasing each other, maybe for about a minute.I was about to get up when he knocked into a table, and a big plate of pasta fell into a teenage girls lap.

She screamed "what the f***" and then looked at my son and told him he was a brat. I came over and told her to shut the f*** up, no one talks to my son like that, he's just a child. The restaurant asked me to pay her bill. I said F*** NO, but they gave her a gift card, new meal and asked me to leave and please don't come back!!

Do you think I was in the wrong in not paying? What do you think of thee restaurant giving her so much free stuff? I think ridiculous!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM
13 moms liked this
I think that was very nice of the restaurant.

I also think that you were being a bitch. You should take responsibility of YOUR child.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

margarita time

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
shit happens. I wouldnt pay because she had no right to talk to a child like that. He was 3 it was an accident
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I think YOU are ridiculous

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this

You should have apologized and paid her bill...or you could have taken care of the whole thing by teaching your child not to act like that is a restaurant or not even waiting a minute when he got up and asked the person calling to hold on while you brought him back to the table. And yes, even as a mother, if a child knocked a plate of food in my lap I would have had the same reaction. And I would have asked the staff to have you leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I think you're in the wrong for not controlling your child
nicolemead91
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM

sorry but i this is just all bad.. i would have at least paid for the food spilling. i was ur fault for letting ur 3 yr old run all over!! i have a 3 yr old son idc what im doing especially in a mall or restaurant..im NOT TAKING MY EYES OFF MY KID! i wouldn't have given him a chance to spill someones else's shit! ur just a mean person! it was ur fault from the beginning! idk .. kid or not ur still the damn parent! watch ur kid and stop giving us good moms a bad rap! 

unspecified42
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM
3 moms liked this
You were wrong, your kid is a brat, you are irresponsible, and I hope we don't live near each other!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

yes I think you were in the wrong. your child should not have been running around in a restraurant. period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)