Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(Homework Help) Need help with this scenario.. :)

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 21 Replies

Read the scenario given below:

Scenario: A close friend of yours is on a date. She and her date drink enough to become intoxicated but not incapacitated. Normally, a cautious person, she decides to accompany him on a late evening picnic into the woods. After they are in the woods, they drink more and engage in some kissing and sexual touching. When he tries to remove her clothing, she refuses. They continue to kiss. He becomes aggressive and manages to pull her clothing off. She stops kissing him but does not resist she is now scared because of his aggressive touching, his strength compared to hers, and the fact that they are in a remote location. They have sexual intercourse. Afterward, she says nothing to him other than that she wants to leave. He takes her home, and she calls you.

Do you think she was raped?

This scenario throws me off, I can see it as a Yes and No answer.. Because he tries to remove her clothing, but she refuses.. But there isn't much resistant.. I'm confused!

Thanks for answering!

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
No?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Maybe....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM

yes...she was scared to not have it. He instilled fear into her. Resistance isn't the only sign that indicates she didn't want it.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Do they really give this type of question out for homework???

MissTuree
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Yes. Just because you didn't stab the man doesn't mean you weren't raped. If a person didn't want to have sex but was forced then it's rape.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM

This might help. I say yes because I believe this defintion of rape to be correct.

One of the most critical issues regarding rape is consent. Sexual activity should not take place unless both parties have freely given consent, and consent is understood by both parties.

• silence does not mean consent.

• if consent is given under duress (physical or emotional threats), then it is not given freely or willingly and sex with a person consenting under duress is rape

• if someone is impaired due to alcohol or drugs, that person is deemed incapable of consenting and sex with that person is rape (even if the impaired person says "yes")
vindicated
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM

i think rape is usually proceeded by the word no atleast once.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetie1216
by ♥Dominique♥ on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Yes Mam!! :)

I'm a Criminal Justice student, it's from my victimology class.. 

Quoting KrissyKC:

Do they really give this type of question out for homework???

emilymartinez
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Yes...he used his size and fear to get what he wanted. She refused when he first tried to take her clothes off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured