Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I really hate people sometimes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

So my special needs son and I were at the zoo today. My son has a growth and mental defficency which makes him have the brain of a three year old and the body of an eight year old, but he still looks as if he were a normal 8 year old. Anyway I took him into the ladies room to change him in a stall. When we came out and I was washing my hands this lady, who was staring at me the whole time said to me that I was abusing my son and I was a terrible parent. Immediately after I went off on her and was soooooo close to punching her inbetween her eyes. Sometimes I just hate people. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I'm sorry that she was so rude. Some people just don't have the understanding that some people have different needs and abilities. I tech my kids to embrace uniqueness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NinaSherry
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hate when people are mean to each other.  Big husg to you and your son.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

She was rude.............I take my 9 yo gs in the ladies room with me.  There was an incident at a restaurant here many years ago where a mom let her child go to the men's restroom alone.  Sadly, there was a pervert in there and he cut the little boys penis off.............so, hell no will I let my gs go in the men's room...........I don't care if other women in there don't fing like it

waffa
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Don't worry about what others' think of you, special needs kid or not. I live my life as I see fit for me and my kids and don't care what the neighbors might think and you should too; do w/e is best for you and yours and fuck those who look at you funny cuz in the grand scheme of things they aint nothing to you momma!

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM

SHIT. I would have not been able to hold myself back from punching her lights out. Ignorance, I swear. I'm sorry you had to go through that :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM

How were you abusing him? By taking him to the bathroom? Or by cleaning him up yourself?  I don't get it.

Kinda off topic.  I actually had to call the police on a woman in a public washroom once. *shudder*

mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Ppl are rude butt heads. We should start a petition allowing one punch to the face for stupid behavior. Yeah??

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I have never met anyone even close to rude. I'm so sorry.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I would have assumed if I saw you guys out that you had a reason for having him with you in there and kept my mouth shut.  I sprained my wrist last week and couldn't list my daughter to change her without fearing I would drop her or she would roll off the change table....the store we were at only had a table in the womens' room, so DH came in with me to help. Another woman came in, I told her what the situation was, she was completely cool with it. Some people just assume the worst, don't let it get to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)