Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Termination of parental rights

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

If your rights are terminated can you see the child again or have anything to do with them?  Please don't bash about why would anyone do this or how could they.  Its just a simple question.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_3.0
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Not unless the person who has custody of the child allows it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4_little_angels
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I guess it would depend on any agreements the parents make.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom_3.0
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Not unless the person who has custody of the child allows it. & sometimes, the judge can order that the parents stay away (abuse situations) in which case no, they cannot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I don't think so. Unless a family member has them? Not sure. Dhs cousin got her rights terminated and she still can see her kids since her mom adopted them. although she may have voluntarily gave them up. not sure. She's a hot mess
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Each case I have heard of are like this.

Quoting mom_3.0:

Not unless the person who has custody of the child allows it.
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM

If your rights are terminated then you cannot have anything to do with the child unless the other parent lets you see the child

brandydesiree
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM
My cousin had her rights terminated. Her mom has her son. She still sees him. It was YEARS ago, and she has grown up a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM

My mom had her rights terminated and she was not entitled to see or have input on medical or school things.  She was not entitled to any visits with me.  I could call her still if I wanted to, or even visit if I chose (when I was older) but she didn't have any rights.

Each situation can be different though depending on the circumstances of the termination of rights.

robyann
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM

If a parent's rights are terminated, they are no longer that child's parent. They have NO rights whatsoever to that child. The only way they could see them is if their parent allowed it. But that would be hurtful to the child, you couldn't say oh this is your mom/dad, but they aren't anymore. 

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Depends on the circumstances surrounding the termination and what the Court orders. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN