Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BINGO!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do any of you play?   If so  - why?   And how much do you spend -  I have 2 friends who do and like it.   They keep wanting me go, but I haven't been able to coordinate a time with them.

Then - I started volunteering to work bingo as a fundraiser for my kids swim team.   The smoke is the worst, and the amount of $$$ people spend on instants.   Not everyone of course - but some for sure.

Just curious not judging.   It's helping me out alot with meet fees.....

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM

smoking is illegal where I live in bingo halls.  But I go a few times a year.  MOstly I play on fb.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM
My mom actually called me today and said if I don't have the baby by Thursday she wants to take all her kids to bingo lol. I've only been once. My mom paid and it was around 25 bucks. I won 50 and had bingo 2 times that I didn't call in time :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I enjoy playing though I don't go often. And I usually only buy one packet of whatever the place I go to has. They range from 14-30 bucks. 

Once I had to beg DH and promise unspeakable pleasures for him later that night if he went with me. He ended up winning $80 and thought it was the best thing in the world. Then he just HAD to go with me the next time and he didn't win anything. So now Bingo is stupid and he will never go again 

NewInChrist
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I play on fb.
MandMsWorld
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

that stinks about your bingos!   I have to say, they are really good about asking again if there are no other bingos.... here.   

I think it's about the same if you just play bingo - it's the instants that blow me away.   There are 8- 10 of uss selling them, and I know I've sold more than 1,000 myself......

Plus there is a counter for separate instant games, and "extras" 

It's mostly just new to me I guess......

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

My mom actually called me today and said if I don't have the baby by Thursday she wants to take all her kids to bingo lol. I've only been once. My mom paid and it was around 25 bucks. I won 50 and had bingo 2 times that I didn't call in time :-(

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I love bingo. The most I have ever spend on it was $14 and I played the paper kind and the electronic one at the same time. That night I won $500 :) would have been $1,000 but since there was another winner too then we had to split the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I go with my grandma now and again. I won 175 last time.
MandMsWorld
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

oh, I wish it was here!     It is in restaurants, I think it is in bars (but not sure) but bingo halls - well, there is a non-smoking room but it's really small.  

Quoting Anonymous:

smoking is illegal where I live in bingo halls.  But I go a few times a year.  MOstly I play on fb.

MandMsWorld
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM

congrats! 

most of the games are $100 games, and usually only 1 winner.    Usually a couple with 2, and some with 3, but so far haven't seen more than that....

Quoting sweetieiv:

I love bingo. The most I have ever spend on it was $14 and I played the paper kind and the electronic one at the same time. That night I won $500 :) would have been $1,000 but since there was another winner too then we had to split the money.

MandMsWorld
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Congrats! 

Quoting colins_mom:

I go with my grandma now and again. I won 175 last time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN