Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I won't like her because of her name" what do I do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
I'm having a girl the end of march and I've had her name picked out since basically day one. I chose Lucy. It's a name I love and would have used with my last but I had a boy. I'm not in a relationship with the baby's father. In the beginning he kinda seemed like he wanted to be involved and a there were a few times we threw name ideas around. Then one day back in the start of December he text me saying he wished I had ha an anortion and he felts like his life was ruined. Then about a week later he has a public conversation in Facebook with another girl about how he hopes the kid isn't his and just saying other hurtful things about me and the baby. So for like a month and a half we didn't talk. Just recently have we kinda been talking to me. Then tonight he tells me he hates the name Lucy. He says he doesn't think he'll like her because of her name and just hearing her name pisses him off. I'm torn o what to do. I love the name. Everyone already calls her Lucy including my 6 yr old DD and 16 month old DS. Her name is Lucy! But he wants me to change it. He's making it seem like he doesn't want to be involved with her if I don't change her name. I feel so hurt. He's known for a while now that I chose the name Lucy an he's just now saying he doesn't like it. I feel like its unfair of him to ask me to change her name now. I'm just so disappointed in him. Idk what to do. I've tried including him in everything from the start buts he's so flaky. When I had first told him I picked Lucy Kathleen as her name he said he didn't like Kathleen and so I agreed to chane that. We were going through other middle name ideas. So it's not like I'm totally willing to uncompromise, I'm just not when it comes to her first name.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
10 moms liked this
He sounds like someone I'd only want to deal with through a lawyer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
4 moms liked this
He is an immature piece of shit. Nothing will make him happy.
And honestly, if he is willing to say that he won't "like" his child because of her name, he has no right to even be giving any input.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladysamanda
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
He sounds like a dbag. Lucy is a great name.
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM
This.
Fuck him.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

He sounds like someone I'd only want to deal with through a lawyer.
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM
4 moms liked this
No matter what you name her, her isn't going be in her life for the long haul so name her what you love.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Clearly you're going to be her primary care taker.

YOU get to name her.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't change it. And I hope you are not giving her his last name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Is this a third kid by a third dad then?
Trisha234
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM
He is a jerk. Don't change her name for him. It's his DD. he should live her even if she were nameless! Lucy is a great name.
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd go with Lucy Kathleen. Its pretty and classic! Tell him to shove it and that he'll be hearing from your lawyer for DNA and CS.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)