Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HUGE UPDATE!!! Has this ever been STOLEN from you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Update: So late last night while SO was at work he text me and came clean. He took them. Which I already knew based on the facts and my gut feeling.

He said he was super pissed and stressed
Wasnt thinking at all and had a momentary lapse of judgment. He said he felt bad after he left my place, and got scared cause he's never stolen anything before. He said he then got rid of the pills. I asked him what he did with them and he said he gave them to some old drunk guy at the bar.

At this point I was FURIOUS!
I asked him why he didnt just confess and give them back when I had him come over to get his things out of my place. He said he didnt want to do that in front of my friend. So I told him that he obviously values his pride over hurting me the one person he claims to love. I told him to grow up, man up and own what he did and stop making excuses.

Then I asked him if he really didnt take any and to be honest. He said he took one and gave the rest to the old guy. Once again I was pissed he didnt tell me the whole truth when he confessed. I told him I cant trust him at all, what he did severely hurt me, and I cant have my daughter around someone who does things like that and now ill always worry on if it would happen again.

So I told him were done and that it was a deal breaker. I do love him very much but this is something too serious. At least to me it is.

Ok, so I need advice from people that had this happen to them.

I get a prescription every month for Percocet due to my stage 4 endometriosis. My period is due in 2 days, so I dropped my script off yesterday at Walgreens. My car is now broken. So I asked if my SO could please pick it up for me. He did, dropped it off, and left right away to go meet his parents.

Later in the day while in my kitchen, I noticed the bag wasnt stapled shut anymore. I thought it was odd. So I decided to count the pills. I am 4 pills short. I called Walgreens and they originally double counted it before it was picked up, and then they counted the stock bottle just to make sure. Their numbers were correct and they were not 4 pills over.

My SO was the only person to have access to it before I did. I confronted him on it and he swears to God he did not take them. He said he loves me way too much to do anything so stupid. That he'd never take my meds that are for me to help my excruciating pain.

I automatically blamed him. For the fact that growing up he used to do drugs and pills. He's been sober a few years now and often says how he'd never want to go down that road again. Especially since one of his best friends died due to a pill overdose.

I want to believe him, I really do, but its hard to argue the facts. I need to ensure my dd and I are safe and he knows that ANY drug use that isnt prescribed to him by a doctor is an automatic deal breaker.

I told him to get his things and leave for now. I just feel so hurt. If you've had this happen to you, how did that person act? How did you go about it, and what did you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:00 AM

My SIL used to steal my pain meds, and my son's ADHD meds. I used to have to hide them all over the house to keep her out of them.

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:02 AM
That is what I was going to suggest, a home drug test. If he didn't do it, he shouldn't have a problem with taking one.

Quoting Anonymous:

But he hasnt come clean and I doubt he will. Hes so adamant he didnt take them. He keeps sending me texts saying he swears he didnt take them and he loves me so much. Part of me wants to get an at home drug test. =\

Quoting KristenFowles:

I'm sorry momma but.. It was probably him.. :/

I don't see it as something you CAN'T work through if he comes clean about it though..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:02 AM

You did the right thing.

lammertc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:09 AM

You should of gone back to Walgreen's and bought a home drug test.(without him knowing) They sell just the marijuana ones and they also sell one that tests for 6 different drugs. (Amphetamine (meth), cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, and 2 other things that I can't remember.) Then tell him, if he really didn't take them then take the test. Percocet takes a few days to get out of your system. So if he says he doesn't have to pee then tell him you'll wait until he does. If he keeps pushing it off for a few days then you know he did it. It's not like he's going to sell them...you wouldn't get crap for 4 pills but that's enough to get you feeling pretty good.

That's what I would do :)

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:13 AM
If he was the only one that touched your rx then trees the one that took them. And to answer your question, no one never had anything like that taken. But if I did, iI'd be beating some ass.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:13 AM

my dad stole my percocet when I had my tubes tied... and my husband has been caught stealing my dad's pain meds.  it was a viscious cycle.

now we just all smoke weed/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I've never had them stolen and someone lie about it. I was dating someone when I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. They gave me 90 vicodine and he took every one and sold them the moment he picked up my rx. Broke up with him on the spot. I ended up in the hospital for a few days because of it. Due to the extreme pain I wad in I didn't end up cleaning it properly and it got really infected.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Oh wow that is so awful! Im so sorry. What a freaking asshole.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never had them stolen and someone lie about it. I was dating someone when I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. They gave me 90 vicodine and he took every one and sold them the moment he picked up my rx. Broke up with him on the spot. I ended up in the hospital for a few days because of it. Due to the extreme pain I wad in I didn't end up cleaning it properly and it got really infected.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)