Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HUGE UPDATE!!! Has this ever been STOLEN from you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Update: So late last night while SO was at work he text me and came clean. He took them. Which I already knew based on the facts and my gut feeling.

He said he was super pissed and stressed
Wasnt thinking at all and had a momentary lapse of judgment. He said he felt bad after he left my place, and got scared cause he's never stolen anything before. He said he then got rid of the pills. I asked him what he did with them and he said he gave them to some old drunk guy at the bar.

At this point I was FURIOUS!
I asked him why he didnt just confess and give them back when I had him come over to get his things out of my place. He said he didnt want to do that in front of my friend. So I told him that he obviously values his pride over hurting me the one person he claims to love. I told him to grow up, man up and own what he did and stop making excuses.

Then I asked him if he really didnt take any and to be honest. He said he took one and gave the rest to the old guy. Once again I was pissed he didnt tell me the whole truth when he confessed. I told him I cant trust him at all, what he did severely hurt me, and I cant have my daughter around someone who does things like that and now ill always worry on if it would happen again.

So I told him were done and that it was a deal breaker. I do love him very much but this is something too serious. At least to me it is.

Ok, so I need advice from people that had this happen to them.

I get a prescription every month for Percocet due to my stage 4 endometriosis. My period is due in 2 days, so I dropped my script off yesterday at Walgreens. My car is now broken. So I asked if my SO could please pick it up for me. He did, dropped it off, and left right away to go meet his parents.

Later in the day while in my kitchen, I noticed the bag wasnt stapled shut anymore. I thought it was odd. So I decided to count the pills. I am 4 pills short. I called Walgreens and they originally double counted it before it was picked up, and then they counted the stock bottle just to make sure. Their numbers were correct and they were not 4 pills over.

My SO was the only person to have access to it before I did. I confronted him on it and he swears to God he did not take them. He said he loves me way too much to do anything so stupid. That he'd never take my meds that are for me to help my excruciating pain.

I automatically blamed him. For the fact that growing up he used to do drugs and pills. He's been sober a few years now and often says how he'd never want to go down that road again. Especially since one of his best friends died due to a pill overdose.

I want to believe him, I really do, but its hard to argue the facts. I need to ensure my dd and I are safe and he knows that ANY drug use that isnt prescribed to him by a doctor is an automatic deal breaker.

I told him to get his things and leave for now. I just feel so hurt. If you've had this happen to you, how did that person act? How did you go about it, and what did you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:53 PM

This is why I NEVER let anyone else pick up my meds. That way I know they are all there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM
When I got my wisdom teeth pulled I ended up with no painkillers a lot sooner than I should have because my dad was stealing some from me.obviously there was nothing I could do about it but I still couldn't believe how selfish he could be when it came to his addiction.
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Yep. My ex husband used to steal my pills all the time. I would have to count any and all medication that I received. It sucked.
I made him take a drug test, which of course he failed ... he said he took a Vicodin from a co worker. *eye roll*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM
It was me, my 6 yr old dd, my best friend (but she never got off the couch in the time it took until I discovered it), and her two girls 6 and 3. It has a child protection cap on it and the kids were in my dd room.

No he said he ran up the road to Walgreens and straight to my place.

Quoting momofqtees:

Could anyone have touched them on the counter.  I mean it is totally up to you, but over 4 percocet you might destroy your family.  Marriage is supposed to be based on trust.  Make sure NO ONE was in your house.  Did he run in somewhere with the pills in the car?  Well good luck anyway

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Tell him you will forgive him if he returns the pills or if he at least admits it.

There doesn't seem much trust between the two of you.

If it were my dh and he said he didn't take them, I'd believe him. But, he wouldn't take them, so I guess it is a moot point.

I am sorry you have to go through this. Is there any hope for your endometriosis? I've had it burnt off and also took some medication that made it "dry" up---it was a like pseudo-menopause, with hot flashes and everything. Mine was mild, though.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM

My brother, when we were teens, use to steal money from me.. and he's always act like he'd never do something like that ever.. then a week or two later, he's magically have money out of nowhere, or I'd find the container I'd hid x amount of money in, in his room..

so yeah.. sorry, but this is one of those.. if the shoe fits kinda things. 

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Go buy one of the 12 panel at home drug test. They cost about $30 and watch him pee in it. Make him do it first thing tomorrow.

That's what I would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I wish I knew how to get him to confess. It all points to him.

Quoting annas_momma:

My sister swore up and down every time she stole my meds that she would NEVER do such a thing. She got more and more bold. One time taking my entire bottle of cough syrup before I could even take a dose.

I had ways of making her walk herself into a confession every time.
cherib82
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Hope you get it worked out. Sucks that he did it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM
And don't tell him you are getting one. Just pull it out and say prove it.

Quoting annas_momma:

Go buy one of the 12 panel at home drug test. They cost about $30 and watch him pee in it. Make him do it first thing tomorrow.

That's what I would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN