Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HUGE UPDATE!!! Has this ever been STOLEN from you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Update: So late last night while SO was at work he text me and came clean. He took them. Which I already knew based on the facts and my gut feeling.

He said he was super pissed and stressed
Wasnt thinking at all and had a momentary lapse of judgment. He said he felt bad after he left my place, and got scared cause he's never stolen anything before. He said he then got rid of the pills. I asked him what he did with them and he said he gave them to some old drunk guy at the bar.

At this point I was FURIOUS!
I asked him why he didnt just confess and give them back when I had him come over to get his things out of my place. He said he didnt want to do that in front of my friend. So I told him that he obviously values his pride over hurting me the one person he claims to love. I told him to grow up, man up and own what he did and stop making excuses.

Then I asked him if he really didnt take any and to be honest. He said he took one and gave the rest to the old guy. Once again I was pissed he didnt tell me the whole truth when he confessed. I told him I cant trust him at all, what he did severely hurt me, and I cant have my daughter around someone who does things like that and now ill always worry on if it would happen again.

So I told him were done and that it was a deal breaker. I do love him very much but this is something too serious. At least to me it is.

Ok, so I need advice from people that had this happen to them.

I get a prescription every month for Percocet due to my stage 4 endometriosis. My period is due in 2 days, so I dropped my script off yesterday at Walgreens. My car is now broken. So I asked if my SO could please pick it up for me. He did, dropped it off, and left right away to go meet his parents.

Later in the day while in my kitchen, I noticed the bag wasnt stapled shut anymore. I thought it was odd. So I decided to count the pills. I am 4 pills short. I called Walgreens and they originally double counted it before it was picked up, and then they counted the stock bottle just to make sure. Their numbers were correct and they were not 4 pills over.

My SO was the only person to have access to it before I did. I confronted him on it and he swears to God he did not take them. He said he loves me way too much to do anything so stupid. That he'd never take my meds that are for me to help my excruciating pain.

I automatically blamed him. For the fact that growing up he used to do drugs and pills. He's been sober a few years now and often says how he'd never want to go down that road again. Especially since one of his best friends died due to a pill overdose.

I want to believe him, I really do, but its hard to argue the facts. I need to ensure my dd and I are safe and he knows that ANY drug use that isnt prescribed to him by a doctor is an automatic deal breaker.

I told him to get his things and leave for now. I just feel so hurt. If you've had this happen to you, how did that person act? How did you go about it, and what did you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I believe that it has to be him as well. I dont see any other way.

Quoting banana-bear:

The bag would have been stapled shut if it came directly from the pharmacy without him opening it. If he is the only other person living with you, it has to be him. Don't let him try to make you doubt the obvious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I left him.  I wasn't dealing with that anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh. Thats like so so so serious. And extremely selfish because the person who needs them is in serious pain!

Quoting Anonymous:

My first husband would take my meds for endometriosis or the tylenol #3 I'd get from the dentist.  He would deny it, but it was him and it would happen almost every time he went to pick up the script.  Untrustworthy assholes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
It's not gonna be a one time accurance he was addicted before and he just went backward. This is gonna sound harsh but your dumb if you let him off the hook. He will just keep doing it since he got away with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Thank you. He kept saying he had no clue what could have happend to them. I hated asking him if he took them, but the facts point straight to him. My dd is only 6, and there's a child proof cap on them. I know she didnt take them. I'd seriously hate for him to relapse. Maybe hell come clean if I tell him ill forgive him. I dont know. Part of me wants to do an at home drug test on him. =\

Quoting LADYxGHOST:

I would suspect him to. He had them, now they are gone.  Can he account for who took them then? I would contact his parents to find out whe he meet them is at all.  If I had tweens or teens I would talk to them to see if perhaps they took them. But honestly, it could have been too much temptation for him.  I would tell him that slate is clear and if he answers truefully there is no hard feelings and you want to help him if he backslide.  ask him, and beleive him.  if he tells you he took them, be true to your word, never let him near your meds again and request he join a support group and let that be the end of it. Tell the doctor the pills fell down the sink.  If he says he didnt do it and he starts acting guilty or extra nice, he took them and proceed with caution.  If you never figure out what happened in a few weeks bring it up again, if he acts real defensive or angry, or pretend not to remeber what you are talking about he took them. I

This is a crapy thing to have to be dealing with right now. I am sorry.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I have. I had a separated pelvis after having DD. I had pain medicine that I tried not to take unless I seriously couldn't bare it anymore. Entire bottle came up missing. My trashy aunt stole it and sold it but denied it then showed up the next day with a new phone and cigarettes that she couldn't afford the day before while I had to raise to children and move around like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I definitely wont let him get away with it. I have kicked him out.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not gonna be a one time accurance he was addicted before and he just went backward. This is gonna sound harsh but your dumb if you let him off the hook. He will just keep doing it since he got away with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Oh wow that is awful! Im so sorry. :-(

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I have. I had a separated pelvis after having DD. I had pain medicine that I tried not to take unless I seriously couldn't bare it anymore. Entire bottle came up missing. My trashy aunt stole it and sold it but denied it then showed up the next day with a new phone and cigarettes that she couldn't afford the day before while I had to raise to children and move around like that.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM

My mother realized what had happened and kicked her out. It had happened with my dad's medicine a week before but they had no proof then, but it only happened when she was home. My mom vouched for me and my doctor being the wonderful man he was wrote me another script and cleared it with the pharmacy. But that was an excruciating week for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow that is awful! Im so sorry. :-(

Quoting KanPsMommy:

babie113
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Yes when I was pregnant I was prescribed a strong muscle relaxer because I had rls. My dh took them w.o telling me because they also cause drowsyness and even though he had no problem sleeping he loved that they knocked him out. I noticed one day they were missing and was angry but my dh has no history of drug abuse. He was prescribed the same drug in the past for a injury so he knew how they affected him.

I think you handled your situation well. He's obviously lying to you and that in itself is a red flag.

My dh admitted taking my medicine when I noticed some missing. And explained he just wanted to sleep better that it helped his tendinitis.

So I let him off the hook .

I think you did good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM

My mom was in town this past week. I'm sure she stole some of my Vicodin. *shrug* I don't even count my pills, I just know she can't keep her hands to herself. She's always offering to buy a couple from me. Uh, duh, I have so many in my house because I have a medical need. If I didn't need them all, my doctor wouldn't give me so many.

I'm sorry your SO did that. I hope you can find a man who respects you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)