Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL is mad that I still won't give her pictures with her in it from our wedding day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

This has been a fight going back 4 years ago when me and DH got married. I have no pictures in my home, nor did I purchase any with MIL in them. Why, because MIL wore a long white dress to MY wedding. It looked just like a wedding dress and it was obnoxious and she looked foolish. So when it was time to pick the pictures (my photographer gave me a CD the 250 of my favorite pictures, I only got one one with her in it because of what she wore, and that was just so I have proof if anyone ever questions that she did in fact, wear a wedding dress (or something that looked like one) to my wedding,  DH agreed on that that picture would never be on display). MIL wants a copy of that picture, there is no way in hell I am giving her one because I don't want it put up on her living room wall for all to see. I spent a lot of time and energy planning my wedding and I want all the wedding pictures people see to look nice.

The thing is, she did it out of spite, I know that for a fact. The day before the wedding, she told me she would be wearing a lavender dress, the next day, she showed up it the white dress. Now since SIL got married (she didn't wear a wedding dress to her wedding though)  she wants to have pictures of the two weddings next to each other on her wall, well, she should have thought about that before she wore that to my wedding. I mean really, did she really think I would want pictures showing another woman wearing a wedding dress at my wedding? I did however, give her pictures of just me and DH and pictures with us and our attendants (that was right when we got the pictures back). Thanks for letting me share my crazy MIL story

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
4 moms liked this
You sound childish. It's just a dress. Give that woman a damn pic! Good Lord!
mayasmama11
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh HELL no! I wouldn't give it to her either!!! One of my MIL's friends wore a long white dress with her boobs hanging out of it to our wedding and I made sure to delete all the ones of her. ESPECIALLY since she wasn't even invited to the wedding in the first place!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Just a dress? She wore a wedding dress to my wedding and now wants to put in on display

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Get over yourself!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I'm glad s/o and I never married. His mother would only bitch about everything and would ask when she could leave, but if she wasn't invited she'd bitch about that too. Maybe after she passes.
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I can understand that you feel you should have been the only one in white that day BUT,you also sound petty.Don't display it in your home if you don't want to but so what if she displays it in hers?The people that would see it are probably family that was at the wedding,right?Why fight over it for 4 years?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Ok? It's over...4 yrs ago! Be the bigger person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just a dress? She wore a wedding dress to my wedding and now wants to put in on display

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Honestly I think you need to let it go. Everyone is going to look at you like you are crazy. They all know her they know if she is a lunatic so be it. Why put yourself on this level? You had a right to be upset then sure she did not wear what you deemed appropriate but now you are just going overboard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)