Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*ETA : Edited to Add .....................I am an Alcoholic and a Drug addict............. ask me anything .

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies

I didn't have a great childhood. My parents are alcoholics. I met my first husband when I was a teenager . We got married when I was 18. Our son was born when I was 19 . We ended up divorced before I was 21 .

I finally realised I was an alcoholic when I was 25/26 . 

I had been clean and sober for 3 years when  I started talking to my , now, DH .  We met in * The Rooms *

DH was a cocaine/crack addict.  Yes he has had his breakdowns after we met. I have supported him. He has been clean for 4 yrs now.  

I started drinking and taking pain pills 2 years ago because of a chronic pain problem . ( major back problems and recenly diagnosed with MS ) 

I hate being an alcoholic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      It is a horrible thing. I am not the type of alcoholic that gets the bad shakes from not drinking. But I do drink every day. Every day I start drinking around 5pm. I don't just drink 2 drinks. I drink until I am drunk.

I will never be able to simply have 2 drinks with friends. If I'm out with friends ,I may only have those 2 drinks, when with them.  When I leave them I will get more to drink. 

I can't drink without getting drunk . 

It isn't something I am proud of. My Children do not see me drunk.

I am here , putting this all out there, because I want to stop ! 

My first step ( yet again ) is to put it out there , that I am an alcoholic. 

EDIT 

The more honest and brutal your responses  and questions are. The more I feel the need to be honest to answer. . Some of you may think it's an easy thing to kick. Let me tell you....

The Brutally Honest questions are not easy to answer......... but just the thing I need to help in my recovery. The more honestly I answer these question. The more it hits me to do the right thing 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Bump 

leslieOli
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM
How do your children not see you drunk if you start at 5:00 ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Aw I'm really sorry. I too am addicted to pain pills I don't take them for pain reasons anymore. I don't know how to stop. Alcohol has never appealed to me because it makes me so sick and dehydrated. I'm kind of surprised I'm not an alcoholic actually because I have the addict personality I become addicted to everything. I used to be addicted to exercise. Guess that's not so bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Ok my question is what makes you any different then all the drunks and cracks head out there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I am what some may call, a functioning alcoholic. When I start at 5, I start slow and easy. The kids are in bed by 8. So between 5 and 8 I take it easy. Just enough to have alcohol , but not enough to be buzzed. After they go to bed I start drinking more. 

Quoting leslieOli:

How do your children not see you drunk if you start at 5:00 ?

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Why be anonymous if you're coming clean?
Good luck at getting over this addiction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkip1
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I've dealt with alcoholics all my life. I just want to say I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'm glad you see it as a problem and realize you need to stop. Please get some help. I know its a hard thing to overcome but you CAN do it. Not only for your children but also for yourself. Good luck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Please do not lie to yourself. Your children know. Your children have seen you drunk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I was never a big drinker until I met my husband. Drinking is a daily thing here and I hate it. I'm like you, I don't get the shakes but I feel better once I've had something to take the edge off. We both work full time and are very successful. Drinking is our only downfall.
leslieOli
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
How old are your kids?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)