Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this normal?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 24 Replies

My6 year old son treats his Mario doll like he a real person. He asks him questions, plays monopoly with him, ect. Is this normal? 

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I might be wrong...but I was under the impression that that is called imagination.

O.o
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Lol, no I understand that but it is kinda excessive. He is ADHD, odd and possibly aspbergers. I just worry.

Quoting atyou:

I might be wrong...but I was under the impression that that is called imagination.

O.o

atyou
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Don't worry, mom. That's totally typical behavior.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Lol, no I understand that but it is kinda excessive. He is ADHD, odd and possibly aspbergers. I just worry.

Quoting atyou:

O.o

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM
im pretty sure that is normal. My ds pretends his cell phone is actually real(its plastic) and he has conversations with people on it. Its called an imagination lol
Sekirei
by Nari on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM

My son does the same with his Squeaky Puppy... 

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I feel better, thank you! My parents just do not believe in it since he is about to be 7. My 5 dd thinks she's a real princess and my parents said he needs to stop. 

Quoting atyou:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting atyou:

O.o

ratchetlee
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM

It's called using his imagination

That's a GOOD thing!  So leave him be :-)

atyou
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Your parents are crazy. Imagination is a good thing and should be encouraged. You're only a kid once....you know? There should be some magic.

Quoting vetNmommy:

I feel better, thank you! My parents just do not believe in it since he is about to be 7. My 5 dd thinks she's a real princess and my parents said he needs to stop. 

Quoting atyou:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting atyou:

O.o

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I think my parents have forgotten what it's like to have young children. Lol. 

Quoting atyou:

Your parents are crazy. Imagination is a good thing and should be encouraged. You're only a kid once....you know? There should be some magic.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting atyou:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting atyou:

O.o

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
None of those disabilities has hallucinations as a main symptom. Hes just being a kid

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting atyou:

O.o

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN