Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents' highest level of education vs. yours?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dad has a BS, my mom went to a 4 year college but never graduated.

Grandparents? One grandfather has a Masters, I'd don't think any of the others went to college, but I'm not positive. I know they all graduated from HS though. Oh and my step-grandmother has her Masters too.

One sister has her BA and our youngest sister hasn't finished college.

I have a BA and MA.

DH's fam:

Dad did a 2 year trade school, Mom HS grad, his grandmother AND her mother (great grandmother!) both have/had BS's. His grandmother is in her 80's so I think it's pretty amazing that her mother went to college!

DH has a BA.

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM
My dad went to some college. He said he didn't finish cause he was partying to much. My mom dropped out at 10th grade.

I have some college. I failed one class it was the last class before applying for lpn. I stopped going cause I felt like I failed and there was no hope of finishing.

My brother finished high school that is it.

My husbands family. His parents did not finish high school. Jays older sister got pg at 14 dropped out her frshman year. His other older sister dropped out in the 10th grade. His older brother dropped out at 10th grade and jay and his twin brother dropped out at 11th grade.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I have a BA.

Dad finished hs. Mom has a teaching degree working on master's.

Mom's parents finished HS.

Dad's mom finished HS. Dad's dad finished 8th grade. They had a farm and that was somewhat common. We went on to start a nice business and become successful. That is also why my dad only finished hs, bc he started in the family business and now runs it.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
My dad only went to a computer trade school and took a few college courses...no degree. He was super successful though, CFO of a major corporation. It's not a position anyone would get today without a degree.

Mom only graduated HS. She was a SAHM until my parents divorced. She went on to manage an animal shelter, she started out as a volunteer at prior to the divorce.

I have a Bachelors in Education and graduate coursework in special education. Teacher!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I have an A.S.B. (communications) and a B.S. (public policy). DH has A.S., B.S. and MBA. Of our parents, three graduated high school and one did not. There was no college.

sarahdryer78749
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
All the women on my moms side either got a GED or didn't finish at all... They all had kids by the time they were 18... ( I am the oldest to have a child at 19)
I don't know to much about my dads side

I am almost done with my bs... At 28 I am the only one who owns a home no debt and has retirement and savings...
My husband is disabled due to an ied blast and still manage to go to school take care of him and my 2 kids ages 2 and 9... Education I believe comes in all forms
le.sigh.333
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM

neither one graduated, i have a masters in business

conweis
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
My mom never finished high school. I am my mom's only child to get a high school diploma and go to college. I have an AAS in the health care field.
KristenandCaleb
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Parents have both High School educations. I am about to graduate with two associates degrees (Behavioral Science/Applied Science), then move on and get my RN license, and possibly become a lactation consultant.

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My mom has an associate's degree in accounting. My dad has a diploma.

My grandfather on my mom's side has a bachelor's, my grandma on that side has a bachelors in teaching.

My dad's father and mother had diplomas. I have a GED, my sister has a Master's in Child Psychology, my brother got his GED in prison at 22 or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

My dad has an associates, mom has a hs diploma, stepdad has ged. Grandparents, all have highschool diplomas 

I have some college, and am working toward my bachelors

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)