Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents' highest level of education vs. yours?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dad has a BS, my mom went to a 4 year college but never graduated.

Grandparents? One grandfather has a Masters, I'd don't think any of the others went to college, but I'm not positive. I know they all graduated from HS though. Oh and my step-grandmother has her Masters too.

One sister has her BA and our youngest sister hasn't finished college.

I have a BA and MA.

DH's fam:

Dad did a 2 year trade school, Mom HS grad, his grandmother AND her mother (great grandmother!) both have/had BS's. His grandmother is in her 80's so I think it's pretty amazing that her mother went to college!

DH has a BA.

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Replies (41-50):
elizabg
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM

My Brother and I were the first people to graduate from college.  My mom and dad both have hs diplomas.  My grandparents also only had hs diplomas.  I am glad that my other 3 siblings are following the college path.  Two are currently take classes at the Ohio State University and the youngest is still in high school.  

nurbabe82
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Both of my parents graduated from highschool. I graduated from nursing school at the local community college.

kidlover2
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
All four of my grandparents had PHDs. My parents both got their bachelors and out of the four kids they had, one of us graduated from college.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Both my parents have a BA/BS. I have two BAs.

I think DH's parents are high school grads. I'm not positive his mom actually graduated. He has a BS.

mom2ljh
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM
My mom and dad both had some college, never graduated. My grandma on my mom's side has a BS in mathematics. She was a teacher. I have an AS and am a junior working on my BS in Bio.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Both of my parents and one of my sisters have a bachelors and a masters. My other sis has her law degree (Harvard, no less). I only have my bachelors- I am the uneducated one in my family.

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM

my mom started college, but never finished. My dad has a degree, although, honestly, i do not know how high of one or what it is in! 

the funny thing is, my mom has gone on to be a best-selling author for her publisher, have a dvd line, works on call with the FBI and local police squads, etc. My dad has gone on to own a local remodeling company. so neither of their schooling levels have really mattered!

my husband has a bachelors degree and uses it. i had some college before i had kids, but stopped to be mommy for awhile. now that my kids are older, i am finishing up. I am going to get an associates degree at the very least. my goal is to be an RN in a doctors office. preferrably a dermatology office. 

levansbx
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM
My parents were both teachers and both have a masters degree. I have a BA and an MBA.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM
My mom has a BS my dad didn't finish college. I have a BA. My sister has a MA.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I'm a loser in comparison.
Mom~ Masters now a Doctorate (while I was in high school 20 yrs ago)
Dad ~ MBA then a Judicial Doctorate (when I was born)
3 generations of lawyers on my fathers side and my grandmother graduated college, during a time when women didn't go to college, at the age of 19. She was an absolute genius.
Mom's side was just high school education.
I just have a bachelors. My brother has a masters. My other brother decided not to go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)