Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't see him following through with it... LONG

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM
  • 7 Replies

My ex walked out 3 years ago this June. He refused to stay in contact and hasn't seen my kids since. He just got 1 hour supervised visitation a week when we went to court (because I agreed to it). He signed a paper saying he gets one hour a week but he has to pay all fees for the visitation. Well I called once last week (they didn't call me back) and I called twice this week. I finally got a phone call Friday afternoon at 445pm (I had to leave for work at 5pm) saying they want the intake this weekend. So my intake is this morning at 1030am. They told me the intake fee is $175 for him and $175 for the boys. Well there was a shock because he was court ordered to pay all the fees. I told the woman I have a signed court document and I wasn't paying $175 when he knew he was supposed to pay it. She told me bring in the paper and she will make him pay. Alright great. She then tells me that he has to pay $75-$100 per visit (which are 1 hour). He pays $92 a week in child support and now has to pay $75-$100 for visitation... I don't think he will keep it up. He lives in another state so he will also have to pay for his transportation since he doesn't own a vehicle and is crashing on couches. This is the court order until April 29th when we go back to court. 9 weeks of visitation which means $900. He didn't want visitation when it was free, why would he pay $900 to see them now? If he does I will be thoroughly surprised and will discuss letting him see them more... If he skips out like I think he will I am going to see if I can make it so I don't have to sit at this place waiting and him not showing up. My kids don't know who he is, my youngest never met him because he walked out when I was pregnant. I just don't want this to traumatize my kids by him walking in and out again. I am not sure how he is going to come up with $1250 for 2 months of visits either but he signed the paper so I guess he'll either do it or he won't

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
countrybaby89
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:22 AM

I forgot to add he has a daughter (she was born while we were married between my 2 boys and I had no clue) who he has seen since she was born

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:37 AM
I don't see him doing it either. He seems too lazy. Just think-if he doesn't, he is doing you a public service and you can get him out of the picture forever. Good luck.
countrybaby89
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see him doing it either. He seems too lazy. Just think-if he doesn't, he is doing you a public service and you can get him out of the picture forever. Good luck.

Thanks... My kids don't think they have a dad... They think they have an Adam (DF) who has been around for over a year and we're getting married in January next year. My kids are 2 and 4 so that's half my 2 year olds life and my 4 year old doesn't remember his dad at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Well...why did you marry such a pos?& why did you have 2 kids with him?i hope your relationship works out!gl
countrybaby89
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well...why did you marry such a pos?& why did you have 2 kids with him?i hope your relationship works out!gl

I married him after we had been together for 2 years and had a child and I didn't know he was cheating. Before I found out about the cheating we had been together for almost 3 years

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
some of the best fathers in the world donated time, not sperm.

Quoting countrybaby89:

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks... My kids don't think they have a dad... They think they have an Adam (DF) who has been around for over a year and we're getting married in January next year. My kids are 2 and 4 so that's half my 2 year olds life and my 4 year old doesn't remember his dad at all.

audreesmama
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Since people change and all...

Gl op!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN