Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA: This is TMI but I dont want to go to the dr

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

I'm on my period. Over a week. It is soo heavy I'm bleeding out of a super plus tampon in less then a hour. I have to use pads and tampons. It's very bright red and when I go to the bathroom the toliet water is very bright red, can't even see through it. It's like pouring out of me.

I don't have any cramps like I get when on my period. I really don't want to go to the Dr while bleeding like this.

I just called the ask a nurse. She said I need to be seen within the next 3 hours. But, IDK. I'm nervous and really embarressed with all the bleeding. I haven't made a final descision if I'm going or now. But I'm going to get in the shower. I have to meet someone at 12. And I have to go get my kids from my moms as well and my 4 year old started running a fever of 101 over there. So I need to take care of her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eshadowgirl
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:41 AM
1 mom liked this

If you bleed thru a pad in less than an hour, a trip to the ER is a must. Thats not a good thing.  Call the nurse line, or the ER and ask them....but Id not sit and wait.

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Dont they say if you soak through two pads or more an hour to go to the ER?

Shaybay218
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Well you need to that's scary...call the er and let them know what's going on and they should tell you what to do from there... 

risaspieces
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:42 AM
I was always told if you're having to change a pad every hour because its full of blood that's cause for concern, idk if its the same for a tampon though. You should call your doctors office and talk to a nurse, or maybe try calling the hospital to speak with a nurse. They'll be able to tell you what to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shortyalicia
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:42 AM
You probably know that isn't normal. Go see your doctor!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunangel803
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:43 AM
I know you'd rather not be seen now, but you need to see a dr ASAP. Soaking through pads and tampons in less than hour is not normal. Go to the ER. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:43 AM
But I'm not sure what it would be like if I weren't using a tampon and just a pad. I dare not try.

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

If you bleed thru a pad in less than an hour, a trip to the ER is a must. Thats not a good thing.  Call the nurse line, or the ER and ask them....but Id not sit and wait.

AerickMomi_MrsD
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Call a on call nurse at a hospital and tell her whats going on.. Shell let you know if you need to go to the E.R. or not..

If you been bleeding like that for a week you need to get seen!

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM

I would think having to use a super plus tampon and change it after less than an hour would qualify as Dr. Asap worthy...I mean those things are designed to last eight hours right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Are you on any medication?

Do you have any medical history of fibroids or clotting disorders?

I would get to the doctor ASAP.

Do you know how to check your pulse? What's your heart rate?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN