Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im not public property!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
2 moms liked this
I can't stand ANYONE other than my fiance and my kids touching my pregnant belly! Not even my mom or fiances mom need to touch me. You can see the baby when he comes out! Why does anyone friend, family, stranger think its ok to touch you when you're pregnant?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM
7 moms liked this
Omg. Wow. Because people are happy for you. Yesterday at my bridal shower we all touched my sil's belly. And she is so proud. She loves it. The kids are so excited when the baby moves. It is such an exciting time in life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Idk. But I have never felt the urge to touch a pregnant woman's stomach. Feels awkward and wrong to me. Other people can't take a hint!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never wanted to either! Not once. Its my body.. I don't go around touching people's bodies.

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

Idk. But I have never felt the urge to touch a pregnant woman's stomach. Feels awkward and wrong to me. Other people can't take a hint!

Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM
7 moms liked this

OP, just about every pregnant woman feels the same way you do.  When you're pregnant, an action that would be TOTALLY off-limits normally suddenly becomes completely fine.  Imagine how taken aback a non-pregnant person would be if you were like, "oh I just want to feel your belly."  LOL

Hang in there.

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I can understand if it's to feel the baby kick. But when I was pregnant, people would just touch my belly and totally catch me off guard

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Omg. Wow. Because people are happy for you. Yesterday at my bridal shower we all touched my sil's belly. And she is so proud. She loves it. The kids are so excited when the baby moves. It is such an exciting time in life.

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I worked at a large advertising company when I was pregnant with my son and hated getting on the elevator because I'd be trapped where people I didn't even know would want to touch my stomach.  I absolutely hated it.  It's one thing if the person invites you to feel the baby move but people just going up and touching a pregnant woman's stomach is rude and invasive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM
My kids are allowed, not that they really care to..

Quoting justpeachy71904:

annie6884
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
I couldnt stand it when i was only a couple months pregnant and people would feel my stomach. I was always like yeah you are feeling fat right now not baby!
PerfectVirgo
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM
7 moms liked this
I'd make shirt. "Don't touch me. I'm not pregnant. I have a parasite"

Hehehe

Quoting Kmary:

OP, just about every pregnant woman feels the same way you do.  When you're pregnant, an action that would be TOTALLY off-limits normally suddenly becomes completely fine.  Imagine how taken aback a non-pregnant person would be if you were like, "oh I just want to feel your belly."  LOL

Hang in there.

jedwards2009
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Ick i hated it too. It wasn't so bad.with family, but strangers touching me always bugged me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)