Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I took one last night. The last thing I remember I was in bed eating a bag of chips. When I woke up I was litterally sleeping in chips!!! They were everywhere all on my sheets, tucked into the blankets. leaving me to wonder what the heck went on with these chip???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I plucked all my eyebrows and gave myself a haircut once after taking one. Talk about being shocked looking in the mirror the next morning. I'd rather not sleep than take that shit again.
happehcrone
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Haha, oh no doubt in my mind they have, people do all sorts of stupid things >.<  It just boggles the tiny mind sometimes...

Quoting Anonymous:

They have. Look up ambien zombie driving

Quoting happehcrone:

Ambien (and other sleeping pills) have various side effects.  One can be doing things of which you have no memory.  In this case though it just sounds like the pill hit you really hard and you totally zonked out -before you even knew you were getting sleepy - hence sleeping with the chips.  A lot of those prescription sleep meds will tell you not to take them till you are actually ready to go to bed, and that's why.  Imagine if someone took one and tried to drive a car, or even do something around the house and that happened??  Indeed they don't work the same for everyone (they don't work at all for me - they just make me irritable lol).  But one should always be careful with a new prescription, no matter what it's for - until you know how it affects you.

Crashly
by Ashley on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

Ambien is horrible and needs to be taken off the market
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
It can definitely can cause memory loss. I have that issue. It rarely makes me sleep eat though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I took an ambien one night and apparently shaved down below. I have no idea how I did not cut myself. Another night I was screaming in our bedroom that the dryer was killing me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Ambien caused my uncle to kill himself in his sleep. He had only been taking it for 3 days. He had a wonderful family, great life, no worries. No reason why he would kill himself. Yesterday was 1 year since his death and no one in my family can get over it. Please stop taking it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I took it for a little while a few years ago, it makes me want crazy crazy crazy sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM
They aren't aware that they are doing it.

I had a friend go out and steal a ton one night. She has no memory

Quoting happehcrone:

Haha, oh no doubt in my mind they have, people do all sorts of stupid things >.<  It just boggles the tiny mind sometimes...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happehcrone:

Ambien (and other sleeping pills) have various side effects.  One can be doing things of which you have no memory.  In this case though it just sounds like the pill hit you really hard and you totally zonked out -before you even knew you were getting sleepy - hence sleeping with the chips.  A lot of those prescription sleep meds will tell you not to take them till you are actually ready to go to bed, and that's why.  Imagine if someone took one and tried to drive a car, or even do something around the house and that happened??  Indeed they don't work the same for everyone (they don't work at all for me - they just make me irritable lol).  But one should always be careful with a new prescription, no matter what it's for - until you know how it affects you.

Ivsleep
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I don't know about all the crazy supposed side effects.  I've been taking it occassionally for years for insomnia and have never had a single side effect, although I do only take a half of one at a time.  Like everything, I take all these stories with a grain of salt.

happehcrone
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM

XD I think we're talking about the same thing...only different lol.  The "stupid thing"  I'm talking about is people either not reading or disregarding warnings, and/or failing to use appropriate caution when starting on a new prescription.  Actually even OTC drugs can be dangerous to some folks, depending on other meds they might be taking (drug interaction), sensitivity/allergy to the drug (which in extreme cases could be fatal) and/or medical conditions.  Whether or not one can be held responsible for things they did while being in a state during which they claim to have no memory - well THAT could be the subject of an entirely different discussion.  I'm not familiar with case law precedents regarding meds, but I believe there are some regarding sleep-walking...the defense in the particular case I'm thinking of (husband murdering wife while "sleepwalking") failed. Anway lol FWIW 8)

Quoting Anonymous:

They aren't aware that they are doing it.

I had a friend go out and steal a ton one night. She has no memory

Quoting happehcrone:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happehcrone:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN