Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you make your kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

wear underwear? I've been having an ongoing issue with my MIL because my children (3 and 5) don't usually wear it. She thinks it's extremely improper. It's just not a big deal in my house, because I don't wear it. My kids don't like undies. MIL thinks I'm making a huge mistake with them, which I don't see how that would even be an issue. What do you think?

For the record, MIL knows because she lives one state away and comes and gets the kids for a visit every 6 weeks or so.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't "make" them.

It's something they have always done, and never thought twice about.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Not a big deal. I do make my son wear undies to school, but he never wears undies at home. My three year old likes to wear undies so she wears them most the time.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Around the house? No. If we leave the house? Yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM
My 4 year old can't. She has serious skin issues and I haven't found any that don't break her out in a horrible rash.

She wears 100% pjs 24/7 unless we go someplace. Then she has to change back into them when she gets home.

Also even when we do go out, she can only wear 100% cotton leggings. She cant wear jeans. Even the stitching on clothes cause her to rash up.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

my dd wears them, it is a daily fight to get my son to, they are both 7....he must wear them to school, but as soon as he gets home and changes out of his uniform, BAM! Commando!

AleaKat
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Always!
Not wear underwear? Ewwww!
I always wear it and they do as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

My daughter doesn't wear underwear to bed (neither do I). Gotta let it breathe, lol...same with feet. No socks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
This exactly. My dd always wears undies and I'm glad. I think its good for her to be used to doing so because when she starts her cycle she'll need to.

Quoting bcoll:

I don't "make" them.

It's something they have always done, and never thought twice about.

mom2boys664
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Yes, always - kids without undies would be odd to me too.  I only go without on an occasional datenight with hubby :)

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

yes. we are still having issues with potty training and if he didn't wear underwear I'd be cleaning up pairs of jeans or pants...no thanks

he feels pretty awesome in his underwear anyway. gives him a sense of pride to not be in a pull up (although not enough pride to poop in the toilet without coercing him but whatever lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)