Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would like your opinion...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
My husband and I had our first baby last month. My mother in law offered to do anything we needed since we would be busy with our new baby and unable to leave the house as often etc. She started doing our food shopping for us and would not accept our money. Now I'm all healed and have gotten used to life with a baby and I'm ready to start doing my own errands again. The thing is by her doing our grocery shopping we are obviously saving a ton of money (especially since I am still out of work for a couple more weeks). She still calls us every week to see what we need and I love it, it gives me more time with my baby also. I mentioned this to my mom and she freaked out saying I need to stop this because I am giving MIL full control over our family. I don't plan to have MIL do this forever, but I was thinking of taking advantage until I can start working again and getting paid. Am I giving her full control of our family by allowing this to happen? Does she view me as someone who cannot provide for her own family?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ttriddick
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Honey do what works for you! If your mil has no problems with this and it helps you and your family, don't let anyone tell you its wrong. Baby's wont be baby's forever. Enjoy the time you can spend, save from when times get tough, and thank your mil from being so helpful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)