Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my husbands past issues always come back.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
He was abused and saw his mom get beat by his step dad as well. Every once in a while he just snaps and screams and yells and spanks our 4 year old. And he is just a mean cold asshole for a few days after because he's upset he let his anger out. He destroyed the bedroom because I had a couple empty diaper boxes and he couldn't find a sheet. Ugh they are in the linen closet. All while in at work. I get a text saying he's done and wants a divorce because there's a few boxes in the closet and he can't handle the kids. I was so mad that he did this while I was at work. He always gets pissy when I work. I work 12 hrs a week. I was scared to leave and go back to work. He's calmed down but still wont talk. He always finds something to yell about. He's not working a lot so its not like he couldn't help me. Instead he puts it on me and bitches when its not done within his time. I'm seriously fed up. I'm not the same person. I'm depressed and always anxious and hoping he doesn't yell at me.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
He needs therapy to learn how to move on from his past.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Counseling.  Right now.  If he won't go, go without him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM
4 moms liked this

You can't be leaving the kids alone with him anymore, he's abusing them. 

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
4 moms liked this

They are not passed issues.. they are present issues.

He is abusive.. and abuse is a cycle.

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Have you been to couple's therapy? I'm sorry. :(*Hugs*
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very sorry you are going through this.

In all honesty, I would tell him that he needs counseling and anger management classes and that they are not negotiable. His behavior, although understandable as to why, is unacceptable. He is modling very poor and violent behavior that your children see. He had it as a child, do you want your grandchildren to be treated this way by your children?

Get him help and hold his hand if necessary. Your number 1 priority is keeping your kids safe. It doesn't see like they truly are.

chrissyk3
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
He needs counseling or you need to take the child and leave. He has anger issues. I know you don't want to think he could hurt you or your child but you can't take that chance. If he has already snaps and yells and whips the child at 4 you never know. I feel for you. That's a tough situation.
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
He needs help:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
at0313
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM
He needs help ASAP. He doesn't need to be left alone with the kids. He could snap and really hurt,them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Your husband is abusive towards both you and your child which is the first thing that you need to acknowledge. Get out now because he is extremely unlikely to change and there is nothing YOU can to do change him. Google domestic violence and you will find a lot of factual information about it. Then be perfectly honest with yourself when you compare your husband's traits/actions to those of an abuser. He is an abuser period! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)