Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you regret your child's name?

Posted by   + Show Post
Or do you know anyone who does?

Just wondering.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
babybelly25
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Poor kid! Funny though... if this baby had been a girl, we were thinking of naming her Dominique!

Quoting amanda_mom89:

I know a kid named Dominick and people mispronounce that poor kids name all the time. A lot of people call him "Dominique."

I'm constantly correcting people on his behalf. I don't understand why they can't get it.

Quoting babybelly25:

Nope.. she is an Alexia through and through!

ds's name is Dominic and even though he hasn't even been born yet, I know it will fit him just fine!

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Nope, but I know if my little sister was a boy my parents would hate her name right now, they would have named her Jake if she was a boy and they just hate that name now and its too common

CallMeSwarley
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Not at all. I still love all three of their names.
Leobaby2007
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
No. Thank goodness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Readyforbaby2
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Yes I hate my son's name!

His father and I fought and fought about the name. I finally caved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Not me but my neices name is Rihanna. She is a pretty little white girl and the name just does not suit her at all. But my sister let her loser boyfriend name her that. Ugh.

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Nope not at all. I love both of my boy's names. Then again I don't have off the wall names either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Quoting Readyforbaby2:

Yes I hate my son's name!

His father and I fought and fought about the name. I finally caved.

What is it?

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Nope

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I do sometimes. I had my son's name picked out almost 13 years ago (Aidan) and when I had him (5 years ago) I stayed with the name. EVERYONE had that name, strangers would talk to me in the store and say "my son's name is Aidan too!) I got to hate it!! My dad seems to think I picked it b/c it was a "popular" name,  but that's stupid. 13 years ago it was NOT. I saw Legends of the Fall and liked the name Aidan (who was one of the actors.) I think it's weird how it suddenly was everywhere when I finally had a son. And if he was a girl he would have been Ava Grace.....weeks after I had him I saw the name on a tabloid cover, some celebrity had named their daughter the exact name I had picked out- first and middle! Soooo annoying. Vent over :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN