Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ugh my sister and husband are causing me stress. :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

I am 38 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I have a 19 month old from a previous relationship. My husband and I only married a few weeks ago, and yes this is his baby.

Well, i was single and alone with my first. My family was there for me. My sister has been amazing and supportive through everything.

I feel like a complete ass right now because my DH does not want my sister in the delivery room this time. He wants it to be just us. My sister on the other hand got it into her head (since she was there the last time) that she would be there this time.

Her and my husband got into it earlier and said that he wasn't there when my life was a mess she was..yadda yadda.'

dh wanted me to tell her that i want it to be just us..but i can't. i really want my sister there.. but then again i want it to be just us.

IDK what i want.

:(

They're making me choose and its making me so sad. I don't want to choose. :( :(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
9 moms liked this

I am on your dhs side. This is his baby too and if he wants privacy between you and him and baby then so be it.

babybelly25
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Put both of their feelings aside and think about it. Figure out what YOU want. You are the one having the baby and should have whomever there that you want.

needsupport100
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Wow!

Im sorry but I've gotta side w dh on this one.YES sis was there during hard times but ur dh is here NOW.

I wouldn't say ne thing to sis n just call her after delivery....if she wants to be pissed then she can opt out all together imo
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I agree.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I am on your dhs side. This is his baby too and if he wants privacy between you and him and baby then so be it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Do what you want. He can make that decision when he personally pushes out an 8 lb baby himself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Quoting babybelly25:

Put both of their feelings aside and think about it. Figure out what YOU want. You are the one having the baby and should have whomever there that you want.

I want my sister there. she has been so supportive of me in so many ways.

but in the same breathe; it would be nice to just have us there..and them later.

I don't know what i want. I know i dont' want to choose one or the other though. :(

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you should do whatever YOU want. You are the one who has to go through it, and you should be made to feel comfortable and happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosebud27aj
Come on 2nd Trimester!
Yesterday at 2:44 PM
by Amanda on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

armstrong7984
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I agree with your hubby

stephv53
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
maybe let your sister know you appreciate how she was there for you, but this time it would be nice for you and dh to share this together. just because she was there last time doesnt mean she HAS to be there this time. it doesnt mean she isnt loved or appreciated if she isnt there. hope you guys work it out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)