Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husbands infidelity saved our relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
9 moms liked this

it is strange but it is what it is. i always thought that if i was ever in a situation where dh was unfaithful i would leave. but here we are. basically dh and i lost our selves somewhere in the last couple of years. I dont think we were ready for marriage or children at the ages when we first made these choices. we had really fallen apart in the last couple of years. communication stoped. affection stoped. being there for each other stoped. we just survived together. we took care of the kids. paid the bills. cleaned the house and fell asleep. both exhausted from life we didnt even try any more. im not saying its an excuse. im not saying its ok. however he made a decision one night that has now changed our life forever. i was hurt. i cried. i prayed. we talked. and we listened to each other for the first time in a long time. in the end i realized what i was loosing by giving up so easily on us and he realized what he was about to loose. he also said doing what he did made him realize that what he haa at home is what he truly wants. he also says it made him realize that by puting effort into me he would get a lot back. now for the women who say "he shouldnt of had to leave your marriage to know that" all i can say is your right he shouldnt have had to do that. but keep in mind every situation is different. i would have never thought in a milion years this would be our situation or our story. i just want it to be a reminder to people that relationships take time and energy. they need to be maintained like everything else in our lives if we want it to grow and flourish. i honestly think we would have been divorced in the next year if not for this wake up call. i hate to say it. but its the truth. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Ook
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Hmmmm

rennez
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I believe that can happen even though I've not gone through it. I'm happy for you guys and hope the best for your for your future together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Well, good for y'all :) I think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Nice to see something positive came out of something horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I am glad you were able to work it out. I've known several couples that survived an affair and went to spend the rest of their lives together happier then before the affair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I think that's great!! Sometimes you have to (almost) lose something to realize how precious it is to you. Good for y'all turning a negative into a positive.
Fistandantalus
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

It's good that you were able to make a positive from a negative.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM
In the past, me and dh have both had our issues with infidelity. And it really did save our relationship. We were both almost to the point of giving up on us. And it made us stop and see what we were doing to each other and ourselves. We started talking instead of yelling. Appreciating the little things instead of taking them for granted.
Neither of us should have gone outside of our relationship but we did. And it was a rude awakening for both of us. Now, we have a much better and stronger relationship.
MrsImperfect
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
A lot of marriages are stronger from cheating. Not all but there is. Glad you guys are happy and things worked out. Thats all that matters. Some people are not that strong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)