Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I absolutely loathe..

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
Dress shopping! My best fried is getting married in June, and I'm a co-maid of honor lol. Well I'm pregnant so I told her I had two requests for the dresses and that is that is stretchy or flowy because I'm going to have a small bump by then. Well we went dress shopping today and I realized that my growing belly wasn't going to be a problem, my boobs are! My dress would be a two in the waist/hip area with give for the bump. But te busy doesn't even cover half of my boobs and they haven't even grown yet! I don't want them pourin out of my dress at the wedding! This is being a pain in the butt for me and the bride cause every time we ind a dress it's either too loose or too sma in te boobs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Buy a dress one size larger than what you think you will need because it can always be altered to be made smaller which is a lot less difficult that trying to alter a dress to make it larger (which many times is not even possible.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Alterations...?

Buy a bigger dress and get it taken in before the wedding.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Im glad Im never asked to be in a wedding. I was in my sisters (only have one thank pugs) and that was enough, she was worth it though but ugh, being in a wedding is a pain in the ass and too damn expensive. Im glad Im not in it LOL

Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Alterations!

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM

So have it altered. I've never been able to wear one off the rack.

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I was a matron in my SIL's wedding, eight months along. We had to order my dress. It took two months to arrive, and when it did, they had shipped the wrong size! It was a size smaller than I ordered, with no time to exchange. Maybe wear a cami under the dress to cover your boobs?
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Wear a super padded bra and order the dress one size up from what fits the girls. Then have the dress altered to fit the rest of you later.

I had to order a BM dress in early June for a late September wedding - ordering at five months for when I would be eight months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM

It's called alterations.  You complain about everything, don't you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN