Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Backseat accomodations?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have a 5 year old and my old car used to have an armrest but my current and new car that we just bought today does not have the head rest for when we travel far for my son to be able to rest on.  Is there anything you use that I could buy to make it more comfortable for him back there? This is really a big concern and I want to have it as soon as possible as we may be traveling far soon after we pick up our new car.. Any suggestions, ideas would be really helpful.

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Armrest or headrest, you said both?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM

what about one of those things people use on planes. They look like the letter C. They come in all colors and material.

Luisa621
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM

This was our first idea, we have one for him and he uses it, it helps a little, but he still ends up uncomfortable with his neck hanging on either side. I think we need something more firm.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

what about one of those things people use on planes. They look like the letter C. They come in all colors and material.

Luisa621
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Well, something that was suited for both purposes would be ideal..

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Armrest or headrest, you said both?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have him in a 5pt harness, those seats have head and arm rests, plus the added benefit of keeping him safe while he sleeps.

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Does he use a booster with a back on it? The one my almost 5 year old has, has arm rests. I use a neck pillow for her when we travel a long way too. I don't think there is anyway for a kid to not still sorta lean to the side when they fall asleep though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)